Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I rolled it on. Very easy to work with. The only problem is 3 hours between coats. I started early in the morning and did all 4 coats in one day. The warmer the better when you put it on. I'm not sure if you can spray it on.
  2. I find myself buying more stuff from Captains Cove and A-tom-mik. I like supporting the local shops. I purchase all of my flies and copper supplies from Tom and spoons from Captains Cove. Gander Mountain, Dicks, and Bass Pro here is Western N.Y. suck for trolling supplies. They only carry a couple colors of each brand of spoons (that we all have plenty of). Once some newer colors are gone, that is it for the season. Now that the prices shot up at Gander, I will be 99% of my trolling gear shopping at Captains Cove and one the web through the A-tom-mik site. The only time I will go to Gander is if I get gift cards or need something in a pinch.
  3. The barrier coat I just put on was gray and very smooth after I fishished. Sounds like Interlux 2000. Is is a light gray color?
  4. It may not be primer you are taking off. It may be vapor barrier paint. I would leave the vapor barrier paint on it. It prevent your hull from getting blisters. I just put vapor barrier paint on my boat. I used Interlux 2000. It takes 4 coats of paint for proper coating. The paint is not cheap. I took 1 3/4 gallons of paint to cover my 22' boat with 4 coats.
  5. Stan, I have purchased stuff from Reeds before. Here is a link to the Cannon 400' of cable. http://www.reedssports.com/Product/prod ... &_ID=16883
  6. You will need to have the steering hooked up to the kicker.
  7. My buddy Andy runs it. It is a lot easier to clean fleas off of it. He uses a razor blade. The only problem is WD40ing the reels after every use.
  8. Sharkbait, Guys have been fishing I-bay area and the Genny area. The fishing has been good but there is some boat traffic according to the guys that have been out there (ask Jax how that has been). According to the Michigan Sea Grant map, the water temps are in the 40's around the river. There may be some kings around.
  9. I purchased a box full of them at Gander Mountain out of the bargin bin. Had never tried them before and purchased them because they were cheap. First trip out, 2 steelies and one coho.
  10. They have their days. Some days they work better than spoons and some days they don't. I usually run one off the boards when fishing open water for steelies and coho.
  11. I have used them and caught more steelies than coho on them. The best for me was the Luhr Jenson 6" dodger and a green crinkle coho fly.
  12. This picture has been going around for a couple years now. This fish was not caught in the Ottawa River. I believe it was somewhere on the West coast (B.C. Canada maybe). This is just like that monster pike picture.
  13. Jammer, I find more kings in the 50 -65 degree water than the 42- 44. The big boys will be hanging out in the colder water. Less hits but when the rods goes, its usually a laker or a big king.
  14. Sorry to hear that fenceman. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
  15. The roller marks I'm talking about are not in the paint, I'm talking about impressions in the fiberglass. It does not matter how many rollers you have, there still is a lot of weight on each roller. Over time, this can cause the impressions to form.
  16. I have a roller and wish I had a bunk. I an older boat sits on a trailer over time, It will make roller marks in the fiberglass. The roller trailer is easy to get the boat on but for me it is only once or twice a season.
  17. Erin, I keep the side riggers out on a 90 degree angle. The further apart the better. If you don't make wild turns when the riggers are 80' or deeper, you will be ok.
  18. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
  19. I don't think Ray is there because both guys have their shirts on.
  20. 30 lb. Ande for flea season and 15lb. Ande on the spring brown rods.
  21. I would say the further East you go from the Niagara the better right now. Last week there was a lot of ice in the lake from the river. The warmer water seems to be East. Irondequoit Bay area has been hot. CBish had a good report from Oak Orchard yesterday.
  22. When I run 4 riggers, I run them in a V pattern. One corner rigger deep out of temp, the rigger to the left and right of the deep rigger in temp and the final rigger high out of temp.
  23. http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=9kme85&s=5
×
×
  • Create New...