Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Ray you forgot green everywhere anytime. Green seems to be the best all around trout and salmon color for most.
  2. That is a reason why the state needs to put in bleachers and charge for each seat at every boat launch. You see stupid stuff like that at every launch. Gotta love it.
  3. Stan, Tom is a top notch guy. His product is awesome. I used to run Howies but switched all my flies to A-tom-miks because they hold up to abuse a lot better than other brands. You will be happy with them.
  4. Happy B-day Tim.
  5. Happy Birthday Shawn. I would have FISHINMAN bake you a cake but we would like to see you live to see your next birthday!@
  6. Gander Mountain 8' leadcore rods. Great for copper and have a 2 year no hassle warranty.
  7. Jeremy, If you can't find Seagar locally, order it from A-tom-mik. He selles it for a good price.
  8. Jeremyseg, Get rid of the Vanish Floro. Vanish is cheap crap. Use a higher quality floro like Seagar. It is more expensive but you will not have those problems. I would also step up to 30 lb. Tournament tied flies = fewer lost fish. I tourney tied every fly in my box and have noticed a much better hook up to landed ratio. Snubbers are a thing of the past. IMO snubbers = lost fish. keep the drag just tight enough to keep the drag from clicking out. If you have it too tight, you may lose gear and a fish. Having the proper reels also helps keep fish on. I used to have 2 of the Great Lakes Sealine reels for my dipsy reels. They sucked. The drags were horrible. I upgraded 3 seasons ago to Diawa SG47lc's and they are great reels.
  9. Are you sure it was not a Bowfin (dogfish)? Lots of people mistake bowfin for snakeheads.
  10. I agree with Legacy and Yankee Troller. I would add a 300' and 400' copper off of the boards. Last season those 2 copper rigs were my top producers. Pkomrowski, cheaters are a 6 - 10' leader with a swivel on each end that you attach to one of your rigger rods to add another spoon. Attach the spoon to one of the swivels. Let out the lure on the main line, put it in the rigger release and put the rigger down 5 - 10' and attach the cheater (empty swivel end) to the line. You can add a rubberband that is half hitched around the cheater and put in the swivel of a fixed cheater or leave it off for a sliding cheater. You then put the rigger at the depth you want to fish. I prefer the fixed cheaters because you always know where that spoon is in the water column. After you get a hit, you can put that spoon back in the exact depth to duplicate your first hit. Cheaters can be a little frustrating at first. You will get some tangles but, they are worth the hassle.
  11. Rob, It is coming back out of the water Monday. Need to put another transducer on and fix a spot in the floor. Other than that, everything is great.
  12. Ran out for a couple hours of fishing this evening with my neighbor. Ran out to 90' of water and set up trolling NE. The fishfinder was a ghost town. Marked 3 fish in the 2 1/2 hours of trolling. Finally got a hit on the 100' copper off the board with a Stinger green crushed ice spoon. Landed a 5lb. king. That was it. The water was 44 degrees at the mouth of the creek and warmed to 50 degrees in 180'. The water changed to 39 degrees down 12 - 25' depending on depth. Temp seemed to get better the deeper or further East we went.
  13. Mark, 36 West was the furthest West we went. The further West, the slower the fishing was.
  14. Crewed for Capt. Sam this morning. Had a good mix of bows, coho, and kings. Worked 140 - 220. Best depths were 150 -160 and 200 -220. fish came off boards with 2 and 3 oz., 42, 105, 55 riggers, and 240 on a 2.5 dipsey fired a couple times with kings. The bait was loaded on the bottom in 160 - 205. From the bottom up 15 -20'. Not long and it will be heading for the shoreline.
  15. Welcome to the club Rick. Enjoy the day.
  16. Got to love it, Tax dollars wasted checking fisherman standing on shore. Did they think you walked on water to get here from Canada?
  17. The Genesee river (North of Lower falls), and Catteragus Creek (Eire Trib) are 2 great catfish fisheries. As far as the fingerlakes, I have no clue.
  18. I had a sailboat do that!
  19. sold pending payment
  20. I already replaced mine Rod Hog. If you want mine to put together with yours and sell it, let me know. I just want it gone or it's going in the garbage.
  21. I selling 12 Luhr Jenson size 0 (the 8" dodgers). There are various colors (trash can, green glow, silver prism, and a couple others). I'm also throwing in 6 -10 unrigged used howie flies for free. $40.00 takes them all. Will ship at buyers expense.
  22. It is about damn time. Almost time to bring it back in for the winter. Thanks Tom.
  23. I have the monitor and the mounting bracket. The transducer and the GPS antena are not working anymore. Local pick up only.
  24. I have a 500 gal. per hour bilge pump with a built in float switch. It is brand new in the box. $20.00 with local pick up.
×
×
  • Create New...