Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Dennis, Did you try your home owners policy to see if they will cover it? Most will.
  2. I don't know why this happens all the time. If someone is coming in on you, turn away. Some people know the rules of the road and some don't. There are some situations where both sides need to give a little to avoid crowding or tangles no matter what the rules of the road state. The words "coming in to our weigh point" makes me laugh. Avoid crowds like I do if you don't like being crowded out.
  3. Can someone post the pic here?
  4. Outcast, Read the quote from post #2 on this topic (above) again. Payouts change from event to event because of the number of teams that register. They can not post the prize structure until the teams have registered.
  5. Tom, Jax is getting me that picture for ammo. Thanks!
  6. Carl, Nice report and it was nice to meet you at the captains meeting.
  7. Both the East and West sides have been good. By the Bluffs South of Glenn Edith and infront of the condos on the West side.
  8. Shoota34, My buddy has been doing some nice pike in the South end of the bay along the weedlines and drop offs. He has been casting spoons and spinerbaits. He had a couple 32 - 36"ers the past cuple weekends. The largemouth are still shallow on beds.
  9. Nice job Scott. Glad to hear you got some fish.
  10. Put the swivel at the spoon end, snap at rubberband end.
  11. Atlantic
  12. I half hitch my rubberband around the mainline and then a duolock snap from the cheater to the mainline with the rubberband in it.
  13. Go back to the rubberbands. Tried Roemers and offshores and all they did was spin up the line no matter what I did. Rubberbands are simple and effective.
  14. I thought he trolled in close for browns to peek in his neighbors windows! Don't apologize Rick, thats not a camera problem, thats how he normally looks!
  15. Good Luck. Be careful, I guess there have been a lot of black bear encounters up there recently. They had one on the island my dad was staying on. He showed up every day. He was swimming back and forth from the next island over right around the time everyone put their garbage out for the day.
  16. Bob, I saw your house on wheels parked in the park the night of the captains meeting. I did not see you or I would have introduced myself. PS I never realized you look like the Skipper from Gilligans Island
  17. Pizzaboy, My father just got back from the French. He said the water is the highest he has seen it in years. The fishing for pike was great but the walleye bite was tough. The weather was a little on the crappy side. They had snow up there a week and a half ago (4"). He talked with a group of guys that did go down and fish Georgian Bay. They did some eyes and pike down there.
  18. This fish was 20+lbs and was over 36". We did not put it on a scale so we could get it back in to catch when the summer LOC starts. Jax snapped a quick picture and back she went. So many people talk smack about lakers. If you run a little bit lighter rods, and don't horse them up, they will survive. We go to extra measures to make sure they survive. Burping them, misting their gills with the washdown pump, and having a cooler with water in the boat to revive them helps. I have caught many 20+ lbers over the years and they do fight well. The 24lb. 11 ozer I caught 4 years ago was an awesome fight. If people don't want to fish for them, thats fine with me. More for me to catch.
  19. Nice report Matt. Tough fishing all over right now. Hopefully the stable weather will help set things back up.
  20. Here is a laker I took last Wednesday. Took a glow pink dot peanut behind the Hammerhead Crystalina cowbells.
  21. Mountain goat, I saw you guys at the weigh in. Nice box of kings for a real tough day for everyone across the board. Congrats on the 2nd place finish. We ended up 6th with 3 big lakers. slow pick on kings for us until the sun came out and then it was laker time.
  22. My father is up there right now. I will give you a report when he gets back.
  23. Do you have an old catalog? They should be in the catalogs.
  24. So, where does the copper reel come into play here????? You could also step down to 40lb. backing.
  25. I see at least 35 spectators in the picture...probably twice as many off the pic. both sides of the ramp would be.... hmm... lets see ....( 35x2 off the pics=70x2 sides of the ramp=140 spectators x 2 days (weekend)=280spectators multiplied by each summer week beginning memorial day to labor day (16 weeks) and the grand total is...... 4480 spectators per season. Now pay attention Governor Patterson...open your eyes if it makes a difference take a look at this!!!! $10 a seat X 4480 spectators= $44,800 revenue for the state of NY not to mention the rotation factor fof those seats that leave early and are refilled..could be more than $70,000 state income per season. Also the refreshments (beer and pop, hotdogs hamburgs etc.) could add twice as much to that figure. $140,000 for 16 weeks Now think about that ...and PLEASE don't raise our sporting licenses just to give it all to the big city Mark Exactly.
×
×
  • Create New...