Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. reelxite, I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ here. Is it restricted to the Oak only? For a cause like this (coming from a family with Diabetes history in it on both sides), I would be more than willing to fish it if we could fish it from Sandy. Again, I'm not trying to be a smart a$$.
  2. I have heard the same thing. I just hoping mine keep going strong. I heard some of the ones from China only last a couple trips. Thats not good.
  3. Is he asking when the next trip is? Good job getting him hooked.
  4. Very nice king. Tell your brother Brian said Hi.
  5. Thanks guys. Too bad the LOC minimum age is 10 . He wants to fish with us AND participate. I told him we will take a day off and fish with him. He is bummed he can't fish for prizes in the LOC.
  6. Gray Fox, Were your reels ones that were made in China or the US? I have heard the ones from China have had drag / clicker problems. I have 2 of them and have not had an issue yet.
  7. Rick, Was the water murky out there? I was looking at the Modis Imagery and it looked like the Genny mud was out that far.
  8. Congrats on the slob king. Try to repeat it after Friday!
  9. Congrats Legacy, Scottb, and all the other winners. Thank you everyone involved in the tourney. Looking forward to next years derby.
  10. Nice report Rick. That walleye had to be a shocker.
  11. Nice report and Congrats on the 5th place finish. Good luck in the LOC.
  12. Just one of the many reasons I purchase stuff from Tom. Great customer service, great prices, NY small business, carries what I need, and always throws in extras. He also is a big supporter of the fishing and derbies around the lake. You will not find that at your big box stores.
  13. I have caught 15 shakers this year and 12 of them were clipped. The other 3, no clips. If you guys want detailed info about fin clips, find the creel study guys. They are more than willing to give you paperwork that shows what each fin clip means. I got the info 4 years ago in I-bay one day. I started asking questions and the guys handed the paperwork. It tells year class and area stocked.
  14. Happy Birthday Mick.
  15. The kinks have been fine for me as long as the are straightened out by untwisting them the opposite way they went in. The Penn 345 has been a real reliable reel for me so far. A good way to let coppers out is by backing off the drag to your desired deployment speed. some spools free spool with the clickers too fast for my liking.
  16. If you want to know how far down your cheaters are, fix them in place with a rubberband. It all depends on speed, depth of your ball, and tension on the rod.
  17. The only thing the catch is the bottom!
  18. Nice report Bill. Glad to see you guys had a good day.
  19. Capt., If you want the speed consistant, kick up the rpm's and add a drift sock or 2 to slow you down. My throttle is the same. It is either too much or too little. Some spoons (like NK's) are heavier and will not run below 2.3 mph. If you speed and temp probe is off .1 or .2, it may have a significate impact on the action of your spoons at that speed. Try some lighter spoons or kick the speed up. Some days they want stuff trucking. Good luck.
  20. Thanks for responding back. If the deal falls through, let me know.
  21. I'm going to guess 36.2lbs. from the Mexico / Pulaski area. Hopefully the fish is caught by one of L.O.U's great fishermen. Good luck to everyone.
  22. Thanks Tom. My father said the boats were loaded up good right out in front of camp this morning.
  23. Tom, What was the big fish of the tourney?
  24. Congrats on the 4th place laker. I'm glad to see you got your son out there and into fish. Hopefully your laker holds in there for you.
  25. I have some of my flies tied shorter and some longer (up to 36"). Some days the longer leads out produce the shorter. It all depends on the mood of the fish.
×
×
  • Create New...