Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. The perch don't start coming into the bay full force until October. Some smaller perch and decent perch are there in Septmeber. Gills and seeds are along the weedlines all over the bay. Pike, walleye and bass can be caught along the drop offs and weed lines using traditional methods for each species.
  2. I use the Scotty's. The bigger ones for coppers with flashers and flies and the small regular plainner releases for short coppers (250 and less) without flashers. If you want the big Scotty's, purchase the double pinch pad stackers and cut them off and add a shower curtain hook. Saves a lot of $.
  3. 5th place laker - reeled in by my father. Will upload pic later.
  4. Congrats Paul.
  5. Fish Hawk X4. Enough said.
  6. Keith, It was a little better last night. Lakers and browns. The screen looked wonderful in 120 -140 (bait and big hooks no takers) and in 60 -70 (browns and bait).. Heard some guys doing kings on the radio off the nose/pump house area.
  7. An 8 weight fly rod is good enough. Streamers in white, brown, olive and purple will take fish. Egg patterns like Glow bugs, estez flies in orange or oregon cheese will also take fish.
  8. Trailering the boat up there tomorrow Tom?
  9. I have found frays in mine but I think it is from pliers. As for the hooks, I use the Owner 2x trebels and have not had a problem yet.
  10. Hammertime Spin Doctor with the Green Crinkle A-tom-mik Live Wire Spin Doctor with the Green Hammer A-tom-mik.
  11. Holy crap. How close did those end up getting Rob? Nice pics.
  12. It may be free but he fishes in the buffy.
  13. Nice king Mark. Lets hear the details.
  14. Dropping it to the bottom of the lake and buying a new probe does not count as a tune up FISHINMAN!
  15. FX, I caught Tom looking through my lake trout rigs. Later that day, I heard him placing an order over the phone for some laker rigs!
  16. NO need to attach it to cable. Main line works just fine.
  17. I know what you mean Tom. I was just kidding. Not on Lake O but Seneca has some die hard perch fishermen. If I-bay is open, the perch guys are out there too. With the inflatable PFD's it would not be that much of a bother to wear one.
  18. I run leads 18 - 32". Some days one is better than the others. I let the fish tell me what one they want. If you run Spin Doctors, run them o the more action side and a fly back 32" will still have plenty of action.
  19. Happy Birthday.
  20. Tom, Don't give them any ideas. I would not be happy wearing a pfd on 1' of ice.
  21. I thought I heard some country music coming from that end of the marina the other day!
  22. Scale for sunfish? I would love to see a 22lb. sunfish. We would all quit salmon fishing. Just kidding rocketship. Nice pics and congrats on the big double.
×
×
  • Create New...