Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. My father contacted Dave Chilson and it was sent to the wrong address (mistake on my fathers part). Dave is reissuing the check. Thanks for your replies.
  2. Billy, I hav ehad my food saver for 6 years now and love it. When freezing fish, make sure you dry the filets off really good before sealing or the seal will not seal all the way.
  3. Happy Birthday Billy.
  4. Has anyone recieved there checks yet?
  5. Gustofson, The only real consisantcy I have found is through the ice. My buddy has caught a couple in the upper 30's in early October fishing along the weedlines for pike. Another buddy has caught a couple suspended trolling walleyes in the north end.
  6. A 3/0 hook is a little big. That will make you eggsack sink to the bottom. You don't need big hooks. size 4 or 2's are plenty in singles. I like size 6 trebles for sac fishing.
  7. I was there on Wednesday and put 5 pike in the boat (26,28,30, 34, 39). Lots of follows. Had 6 other fish on that came off. Had a nice tiger follow to the boat boat would not hit. Also caught 11 largemouth. Right along the weedline in 15-18' was best.
  8. I like keeping my sinker 3' - 4' from the sack. I have found I get way more hook ups this way.
  9. Tom, I had strike sensor on the rod. The salmon came up and was thrashing towards the pier. Got to the rod before he got the line tight.
  10. Tom, I agree with you 100%. Monroe County is the only county boarding Lake O that could give 2 sh*ts about fishing or fishing derbies. Look at Oswego, Orleans, Wayne Jefferson, Cayuga and Niagara Counites. They promote fishing. All Monroe County and the City of Rochester cares about is fast ferries and performing arts centers. It is truly sad.
  11. Praying Mantis, Sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.
  12. Fished the pier Thursday night with 2 buddies. Set up around 8pm with a flat calm lake. Rigging an eggsack on the fourth rod, My buddy yells look at that salmon thrashing on the surface. I run over and grab the last rod I set. After almost getting spooled, I land a very nice 28lb. male king. After 9pm, the lake got rough and the fish were not porpusing near the pier anymore. Casted glos spoons and sticks for a while with nothing. Called it a night around 11.
  13. GAMBLER

    I bay

    It has been slow from what I hear. It will get better in 2 weeks.
  14. Run offshore and find steelies and kings. Lakers should be in there normal areas. Remember, the season for lakers closes at the end of the month.
  15. Happy Birthday Times Two
  16. Happy Birthday Hank.
  17. Shakesam, THey have been doing good on kings and the occasional trout right off the pierheads and in the lower river. J-plugs in silver and green glow have been good. Further offshore has been very slow and unstable because of the wind.
  18. I'm a big fan of Penn Yan boats. Yes they are out of business but there are still some great finds around. They were made in the area and are built to suit the salmon angler. No matter what brand, make sure you get a marine survey.
  19. Salmon with a hairlip.
  20. I have had some clickers go on my sealines. 8 are 16 years old. I have replace 3 clickers on the 16 year old reels with in the last 2 seasons.
  21. I see another name change coming.
  22. Fish deeper that 125. 155 -180 was my best depth for years off of I-bay. Fish between Shipbuilders and Hedges. Keep the ball 1 or 2 feet from the bottom. The closer the better.
  23. NIce report and congrats on the money fish.
  24. Glad my boat is 22'. P.S. it does not matter if they are Democrat or Republican, they are all crooked.
×
×
  • Create New...