Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Run offshore and fish steelhead. It is a sure bet. Staging kings can be a very first light bite and done with the full moon.
  2. I vote for what we have now. I like the variety of bring able to catch kings, coho, atlantics, steelies, browns and lakers.
  3. Nice Atlantic Jammer. I got it's twin yesterday off of Sandy Creek.
  4. Look in the reports section and look for reports from the port you are fishing. The further offshore the better (usually). NBK, Gators, Chickenwing, and froggy glow are some of my favorites.
  5. Ray, Your repeating yourself again.
  6. I run the Diawa Heartland Medium downrigger rods 8'6" 12 - 20lb. test.. Here is the model number - HL-D862MS-G
  7. Straight.
  8. Nice report Bear. Those bigger kings were hard to find today off of Sandy. Good luck this weekend.
  9. Diawa Sealine SG47lca's on Diawa Heartland 8'6" rods. THe reels run around $100.00 each and the rods are around $30.00 each. I have run the sealines for many years and they are quality reels.
  10. Nice job Iceman. Lets see some pics.
  11. Only in the winter to make the run to the Salmon River hatchery so we can gets eggs for next years fish.
  12. I buy 1" clear tubing and cut it about 1" longer than the fly. Cut slots in each end of the tube. Insert leader through tube and wrap leader end to end on the tube placing leader in the slots you cut. I will post a pic if I can remember tomorrow.
  13. I tie a perfection loop to all my flies and add a heavy duty snap to the back of the flasher. Works great. It is a lot easier to change flies also.
  14. I did not ask him. He was fishing the same area as us.
  15. K Gonefishing, They looked like they were just digested. They were caught after 10am and were in relly good shape.
  16. Ditch the old style probe and buy the X4 probe. It will work with your old unit. I purchased mine this spring and it is way better than the old style probe. It runs on AA batteries and I just replaced the original set on Saturday (20 or so trips). IT deos not skip around at all. I ran my prober down 200' and it was still reading perfect.
  17. I just rig 2 hooks above a egg sinker. drag the sinker on the bottom and you will find them. A lot of the time, you will get doubles. Some guys have luck with slip bobbers and minnows but I find fishing the bottom is more productive.
  18. While I was fileting fish that were caught over 400' of water Saturday, I found some fish in the stomachs of a king and a steelie that suprised the heck out of me. I found 2 3" largemouth bass in the stomachs (one in the king and one in the steelie). In all of my years on the lake, that was a first. I was thinking that the upwelling sucked them off shore. Trout-N-About went out Sunday and found the same thing.
  19. Line guy, Over the weekend we did fish in 350+. The best area was 420-480. The temp change started in 250 with lots of bait and hooks but to many dam weeds to keep rods in the water.
  20. If it des go in, don't get too excited. The one in Auburn does not have very much trout and salmon stuff . They are just as bad as Gander Mountian and Dicks.
  21. fateheads dragged on the bottom. worms catch mostly dinks. buy jumbo fatheads if you can.
  22. eturc, I think he was talking about recently. Back when that fish was caught, they were a little more common.
  23. Very nice Salmon for sure. I would be taking that to the taxidermist if I caught it.
  24. Tim, Just put a R on the Starboard and a L on the Port dispey with a sharpie. I run al clear.
×
×
  • Create New...