Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Nice Laker. That is the same area I pulled at 24.11 in the 2005 Fall LOC and a 23. 15 the following July. That area is even better in late August. Congrats on the slob.
  2. Thanks Tom. My last 3 trips have been good ones. Ray, Is it after the Pro -Am ceremony?
  3. Where is it? I can't find anything on the website about a location?
  4. Mark, What did that seagull hit, Wonderbread?
  5. Not me but my uncle on my boat. 16lb. 12 oz laker Sandy Creek on 7/14. Caught on a Hammerhead cowbell and a peanut.
  6. Defiance, I splice in 6' of 50lb. mono between my copper and backing to hook the release on. Like Gray Fox, I use the scotty releases minus the rubberbands. With the mono, the rubber bands are not needed. Otter boats will pull 500's and 600's but they do not run as true as normal.
  7. Worst nightmare? If mine sinks at the dock, I would be happy. Excuse to buy a new boat!
  8. Hey Ray, it is A-TOM-MIK not Atomic!
  9. Motoman, Check your PM's
  10. Very nice fish Hammer Congrats!
  11. After rereading this, I was thinking. Last season a percentage went to the Oak Orchard pen rearing project (10% I believe). Why would you not want more money for you pen projects?
  12. MCF, Are the rigger booms 1 piece or telescoping? Do you have pics of them?
  13. Are the reels from the same manufacturer? Is it the same brand of wire? Same pound test wire? Does on reel have backing under the wire? Does one reel have less wire than the other? The reason I ask these questions is ever brand of reel has counters that read a little different. If the reel is not full of wire, it will read different. Fleas gathering on the line will also pull the dipsy up in the water column. All things to think of with this one. The real way to test it is run one on one side with the same exact setups and see which one ticks bottom first.
  14. I have a 230 hp 305 in my 22' Starcraft and it is a great motor. I burn about $30.00 in gas in a 6-8 hour trip. The 305 is not a gas hog as long as you stay out of the throttle. If the survey comes back good, I would do it in a heart beat. Penn Yanns are great boats.
  15. Sounds like one of the Gander Mountain Crippled Alewives spoons. Most of the good colors have been discontinued. It could be an R&R. Here is the link to their spoons http://www.mytacklebox.com/silvercart-new.html
  16. Do farts have lumps?
  17. The fleas are so bad, they are gathering on the downrigger cables. Guys on the radio yesterday were saying 40lb. was not even stopping them.
  18. I too want to see Sandy Creek back on the list. When we drove to Oak Orchard to weigh in, we ate at one of the restuarants at one of the marinas, and shopped at Captians Cove and Narby's. If we were not able to fish this derby, the money would have been spent elsewhere. The derbys last season would not have made it without the Sandy guys contirbuting. The first 2 had only 16 boats. The one in August had 5 boats from Sandy. 11 Boats = small payout and lack of intrest. I think the real reason Sandy in not included is the promotion Sandy is getting over Oak Orchard. The top 2 places in the August tourney last season came from Sandy Creek (Me and Thompson Contender not a good promo for the fishing at Oak Orchard).
  19. I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying they were even getting fleas bad on 40lb. Ande. The wires would have 4' of fleas after 15 minutes. The only rigs that stayed flea free were the coppers.
  20. We thank you Tom for making a quality product!
  21. 17lb. 2oz. laker Sandy Creek 105 FOW on a Peanut and Hammerhead cowbell.
  22. GAMBLER : Fishing Report ============== TRIP OVERVIEW ============== Date(s): 7/10/09 Time on Water: (5:45 AM – 11:30 AM) Temp/Weather: (80°F and sunny) Wind Speed/Direction: (CALM) Waves: ( Calm) Surface Temp: (67.5) Location: (SANDY CREEK) LAT/LONG: (GPS Cords) =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Species Breakdown: (KINGS, STEELHEAD AND LAKERS) Hot Lure: (HAMMER TIME SPIN DOCTOR AND GREEN CRINKLE A-TOM-MIK, GATOR STINGER STINGRAY, NBK STINGRAY, THE LIVE WIRE SPIN DOCTOR AND THE GREEN HAMMER FLY, AND GLOW PEANUTS BEHIND COWBELLS) Trolling Speed: (2.4 mph) Down Speed: (2.4 mph for kings 1.4 for lakers) Boat Depth: (150) Lure Depth: (80 - 110) ==================== SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS ==================== Fished from the creek to lighthouse point in 150 - 165 and did 7 kings and a steelhead (kings were on the smaller side (all under 20 lbs). Started the morning off with 2 kings on one rod. Early in the trip, the fish were 80 - 90 down. After 8am, the kings dropped down 100 - 110 down (no marks on fish finder). The 500' copper was hit 5 times and took 3 of our kings. The rest came off the riggers. Fished kings until 930 and then switched to fishing lakers. Had a steady pick of lakers until 11:30 ad headed in to weigh in a 17lb. 2oz. laker that puts us in 6th currently in the Summer LOC. The fleas were the worst I have ever seen them. They were even sticking to the downrigger cable and the hooks on the lures. The only thing that stayed flea free was the copper setups. The current was not as bad as it has been recently.
×
×
  • Create New...