Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. It is called Clear and Cold water. With no rain we have clear water on the shoreline. Fish will scatter and spread out deep. The deep water is crystal clear and cold. In another week or 2, the temp breaks will start to set up and things will get going. Also the browns are shutting down early because they have gobies to fill up on easily. What good colored water we have in the area is getting hammered every day. Things will pick up. Just be patient.
  2. I was but figured out a way around the log on problems. Go to main log on screen, right click on LOG IN in the upper right corner, select open in a new window, log in. You should be fine after that.
  3. The browns are shuttig off early because they are feeding on gobies and filling themselves up fast.
  4. Try here http://websearch.cs.com/gw/boomframe.js ... ron.com%2F
  5. GAMBLER

    The Opener

    If that was the case Ray, the hatch would be open!
  6. If you buy an autopilot, look into the Simrad products. They are easy to install and a quality product. You will wonder how you ever fished without one once you use it.
  7. My condolences to you and your family Jason.
  8. Nice report Billy. What happened to the probe?
  9. Stinger Stingray NBK and Live Spin Doctor and the Green Hammer Atommik were my 2 favorite lures off the copper down the chute or off the boards.
  10. Looks like the date thing was dropped?
  11. The Genny is the Genesee River off or Rochester. Here is a good map from the LOC derby site http://www.loc.org/resources/maps/lakemap.asp
  12. Nice fish Clarke. Hope it holds in the top 20 for you.
  13. I believe it is 10 for trout and 20 for salmon
  14. Shawn, Call Big Jon. They sell mounts for Berts tracks that fit there rod holders. I was told they were $10 -$15 each.
  15. The Spring LOC has been run this way for years. The East end and Rochester area have put out the Grand Prize winning king in the past spring derbies (2004 Jim Unkle off Oswego - 1997, 98 or 99 Adam Simara Off of Rochester). You can say the same thing about the Fall LOC. Most years, a large percentage of the kings have migrated to the Oswego / Salmon river area during the majority of the fall derby. There are plenty of browns, steelies, and lakers that pay out a nice paycheck. As far as the weather goes, it is a crap shoot no matter what time of the year it is. No matter what LOC does, someone will not be happy. They can not accomidate everyone. I just go out there to have fun and fish. If I catch a winning fish, thats an added bonus.
  16. Get used to that Bill. You are a West ender now!
  17. nysteel, Here is a link with directions to the shop. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1& ... t&resnum=3
  18. Stringer rot, transom rot and blisters on the hull. I would hire someone to do a survey. They may look good on the surface but rotted underneath. My buddy is selling one ( mid 70's hard top Penn Yann) if that one falls through.
  19. Stan, That is YT's creation called the Seasick waddler.
  20. I run copper all the time and love it. My most productive all season last year was the 300' (60 - 65' down). The 400' was a close second. I have 7 copper rods 100, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400 and a 500. It is a little expensive but they flat out produce. I would recommend starting with a 400 or 300 not a 600.
  21. Hanging out with the family, working overtime, or doing projects around the house / yard.
  22. Where is the picture of the 30lb. slide? Nice pics.
  23. I did not leave it gray. I put VC-17 antifoluling paint over it.
  24. Nice report Rick. Jax has got to be the only person that does their hair before fishing in the morning. We have all left the net home atleast once. It is always a day when you really do well. Good luck this morning.
×
×
  • Create New...