Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. You can not carry over a fish from one day to the next. The one rule states the fish must be weighed in on the day it is caught.
  2. 450' of copper is a too much for an inline. The leadcore will work on the inline.
  3. I said 36. There was a 35.47 taken in the GOSD tourney in Canada. That is a lot bigger than last years GOSD. The Summer LOC winner was 31.14, 3 lbs bigger than last years winner. It will be interesting to see how big and the port it comes from.
  4. Sounds like carburator problems to me. Check the plugs and clean out the carb.
  5. 30 LB. Ande Pink. I have run it for years and have had great luck with it. you can get a spool from Cabelas for around $35.00. This spool with do around 12 - 14 Diawa SG47LCA reels.
  6. I will be out of Sandy on Saturday morning. Leaving the dock at 0530.
  7. Thanks Tim. I was really shocked to get #2 and #3. 2 of the 3 I have caught were small. The one I got on Sunday was about 8 lbs. Not as much fun on a 300' copper.
  8. Has anyone else picked up any this season? Before this season I had caught 5 in all my years fishing the lake. This season, I have picked up 3. 2 of them came this past week.
  9. I'm in for this Saturday. I would be nice to see some results from these tournies when they are over.
  10. There are some big goldfish in Conesus. I have seen them in the summer and under the ice on the camera. The rudd look red in the water.
  11. Tom, How big was that laker? It is a shame to see any fish going to waste like that.
  12. I put 6' of 50 lb. floro between my copper and backing on all my set ups. It holds to the floro awesome. Do not put the line in the release too far.
  13. Spoonfed, I'm running the Scotty downrigger releases for my 300' - 500' coppers. I cut the lead short to about 2" and add a shower curtain hook. They hold great. I also run the smaller Scotty plainner board releases on my 100' and 200' coppers. You can just use 2 rubberbands if you do not want to spend the money. Half hitch them around the line and then put them, in a shower curtain style hook.
  14. Sorry Tom let me rephrase that. Momay4000, the last one he had was not hooked to a rigger! Is that better Tom!
  15. Momay4000, His last one did not have cable hooked to it either!!! :shock:
  16. They also have a one day pass for $10.00.
  17. Are you going to share the video or what?
  18. Fished from 50' out to 300' and it was really slow. Good temp was down 55'. Ended up with 3 steelies and one brown by 08:30. After that it really slowed and the screen dried up. Dumped 5 fish after 08:30. One was a nice steelie and another a nice king. Slide in for browns at the end and nothing. The bait was there but the browns were not. Took fish from 40 - 80 down. 225 - 250 was the best area.
  19. Correct. Grand prize is $4000.00 4 divisions - Salmon, Browns, Lakers,and Steelhead. It pays out $500.00 for 1st, $300.00 for 2nd, $200.00 for 3rd, 100.00 for 4th and $50.00 for 5th.
  20. Nope. 3-11 M-F this week. I have the next 2 weekends off and the following Saturday. I will see you bright and early Saturday am.
  21. Scott, I will see you out there Saturday. What time are you getting to the boat?
  22. Good luck in the GOSD Skeiner. Have fun on your days off. Hopefully the weather cooperates for you.
  23. Gill-T, Here is a link to more info http://www.orleanscountytourism.com/fis ... .htm#derby. You can also go to Narby's or Captains Cove in Point Breeze or East Fork marina in Hamlin.
  24. Skeiner, Do you ever work? It seems like you fish every day.
  25. Run 2 dispies off of one side. Run one on a 1 and the other on a 3. You could also invest in a copper set up.
×
×
  • Create New...