Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Everytime I get an order, my wife complains. Her favorite line is "Here is the package for this week". I just reply isn't that a new outfit you are wearing. That ends the conversation real quick.
  2. I'm up for that Jerry. I know Jay would also.
  3. Who is fishing the Orleans County Derby? I went and signed up today at East Fork Marina.
  4. Gotta Bite, I know some guys do it with slide divers. Me, I like the chute clear because my boat does not have a 10' beam.
  5. Tbarb, I run mine on a 1 and a 3. I usually put them out 50' of distance from each other or the same. I put the shallow rod flat and the inside rod up on an angle. I usually let the shallow rod out first then the deep rod. Come August, this set up is killer.
  6. Nice pic Skeiner. That hammer fly looks like it has seen the inside of a couple kings mouths.
  7. How was it Mark? I know some of the river charter captains have been doing ok out there.
  8. I think with all the wind it has the lake really screwed up. The thermalcline is changing depth drastically every day. A lot of the big kings are probally out in the blue zone in the more stable water. When I had my boat in Irondequoit, we would be fishing out in 500 fow around this time and doing really good on Kings and Steelhead.
  9. Stinger NBK in the Stingray size.
  10. Pike Hunter, I run them until they stop catching fish. The At-Tom-Mik flies are good for a long time. I have a couple that are a couple of years old and are really beat up but still produce. Always keep your hooks razor sharp. I will hit them with a file if they are not super sharp.
  11. Kaz, Meet me on the North end of Conesus in late January and I will drop my under water camera in every hole in the North end of that lake and show you tons of bluegills, and some crappies.
  12. It is the bottom picture on the link Muskbob showed you above.
  13. Man flees police on Lake Ontario?????? Read this. What a bonehead. http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID= ... ategory=10
  14. I will repeat - Green Hammer or Green Crinkle. At-Tom-Mik (Tom) caught his 1st place LOC king on Green Crinkle. If the man him self runs it, it must be a good one.
  15. I have to work this weekend and can't get out of it. Hopefully I can get August 16th off. Paul, Are the deadlines for the sign up the day before each tourney?
  16. I would go with the Green Hammer or the Green Crinkle.
  17. Tom, Mitchells on Lake Ave, West Marine on E. Ridge Rd. or order it from Cabelas.
  18. I run the Diawa Heartland Medium Heavy 9 1/2' dipsey rods. They are around $40.00 each and work great.
  19. Nice report Tom. At least you came in with your probe this time!
  20. The Magda series reels have had drag problems in the past. A 45 will work but it is a little big.
  21. Wire will not wear out the guides if you use a twillie tip.
  22. Kaziemierz, Conesus is still a great fishery. VHS is present but the fishing is still great. This lake can be tough at certain times of the year (ask the bass fisherman about the period after the spawn about this lake). The panfish fishing on Conesus is poor for Perch but there are tons of gills. The gills run a little on the small side. Pike, walleye, and bass fishing can be the best around at times. Put in some time, and you will find the fish.
  23. Capt, Here is what I run: Downrigger set ups -Diawa Sealine sg47lca's w/ 30 lb Ande pink on Diawa Heartland 8 1/2' rods. Dipsey set ups - Diawa Sealine SG47lca's w/1000' 30 lb. Malin SS wire on 9 1/2' Diawa Heartland dipsey rods with a twillie tip. Roller rods are nice but not worth the extra cash. You can get the Heartland dipsey rods at Gander Mountain for $39.99 and the rigger rods for $29.99. Good luck.
  24. Boatino, Do you break down your wire rods after each trip? I find breaking them down causes a lot of waves in my wire. I just cut it back a couple of feet after a couple of trips.
×
×
  • Create New...