Jump to content

cheeseyrider

Members
  • Posts

    164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cheeseyrider

  1. From what I understand thru Airmar you can buy short length adapters that will let you adapth a transducer from one brand FF to another. I'm going thru the same thing, I have a P66, bought to fit a lowrance and going to a furuno 587. What I would really like to know is it worth the extra money to go to the TM260 ? Prior answers have been you don't really need anything more than the P66 and 600W due to the depth of fishing in LO. Has anyone used a TM 260 to really say whether the difference has been. I know that once you have the TM260 you can use the 1K watt on the 587 and are good for salt waters deeper depths
  2. Captain's Cove had parts for mine last year and they also repaired back then.
  3. Thanks Vince for your help. I only have one thru-the hull hole from the old Si-tex. Do you think this is a DYI project or one left for the pro's. Also is it worth the extra $400+ to go with a 1K transducer rather than the 600w, assuming I'm going with the Furuno 587? Where should I look for the adapters you mentioned?
  4. FYI There is a recent post under Questions about Lake Ontario Fishing under Airmar Transducers that may answer some of your questions.
  5. I've been reading alot of posts trying to learn as much as I can before I replace my fishfinder. Looking at the Furuno 585/587 but not sure to go with a transom or thru the hull mount. I'm replacing a color lowrance that took a crap with an airmar P66 already mounted on the transom. Originally on the boat had a SITEX with a thru-the hull transducer. It was one of the those larger units that looked the size of a minTV, I never liked it so I replaced with the lowrance. I left the thru the hull transducer alone and simply ran the cable to the side out of the way and cable tied it. I have a plug with o-rings on it that I believe is used to plug the hole if you wanted to remove the transducer in the hole. I left well enough alone. So if I went thru the hull would you remove the present thru the hull with a flaring block and work with that hole or just let that alone and start over with a new hole. With my lowrance and the P66 when I had to increase RPM's to maintain speed into the wind it seemed I had more interference on the screen which I attributed to cavitation due to more air bubbles from increasing RPM. I guess there is the possibility this was caused by electrical interference also due to increased RPM. With a new installation I'm trying to eliminate that and improve performance which is why I'm considering thru-the hull transducer. I've been on The Hull Truth site and looked at the installation videos from BOE. Other questions that pop up would the P66 transducer from the lowrance be usable with an adapter to make the plug end work with a Furuno or is a new transducer required? Would I be able to use the present thru the hull transducer with the Furuno by trying to get an adapter to make the end plug work? Lastly I fish primarily LO so what are the benefits if any if you went with a 1kw transducer instead of a 600 watt transducer. Not sure it matters but I have a 1990 Thompson 210 Fisherman. Any help/insight would be appreciated.
  6. I bought their Captains Pac back in Nov 2011 when it was $650 no tax, no shipping, 14 rod holders,one net holder, radar pad, light brackets (2) sitting home in the box waiting to install. All quality stuff. Can't beat for value. Price is $750 now. My 2 cents
  7. Thanks to all who took the time to post sites, much appreciated.
  8. Does anyone have info on a good site to go to to learn how to tie your own flies for trolling, any help much appreciated.
  9. For those that maybe interested I checked with the post office and first class priority would be $7.00 shipping from where I'm at to Rochester.Still available at $65, to Rochester $72. Cell 610-349-1209, leave a message if no answer
  10. Sorry to all that showed interest, just got back Sunday from the Oak and checked my listing today, gave the wrong number, what a dunce, the correct number is 610-349-1209, e-mail [email protected], they are still for sale.
  11. Sorry, they are primarily for copper and lead core which don't require line counters, will sell for $65 a piece, same phone number applies
  12. Do the four rod holders come with it as stated on their websight ?? $549. this week , free shipping with four rod holders worth $100.
  13. I have two brand new Convector CV55L's for sale, they are the level wind models, never used, had copper on them then took it off and put on Clarion models. They never saw water. $70 apiece. I will be at the Oak 8/1 thru 8/5 if anyone is interested in avoiding shipping costs, also back up 8/7 thru 8/11 at the Oak, Call my cell 570-349-1209, thanks
  14. Funny I just spoke to the lowrance people yesterday and got the same story on my LCX 16C and MT 15, a rep did give me two options to try which are a soft re-boot which is while their is power to the unit, with it turned off, press and hold the PAGES button while simultaneously press and hold the Power (on) button, when the warning comes on about not relying on the GPS turn the unit off immediately. If that doesn't work try the same thing ( hard re-boot) holding both the Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons while pressing the Power button. In my case the 16C didn't correct anything but straigntened out a glitch on the MT15 where you couldn't press the menu button twice to access the menu items. For me I wouldn't buy Lowrance again except for at Cabelas bargain barn where I got mine for $450 and $150 respectively.Why would you with that repair policy? I see Furuno in my future. Any body know about Furuno's warranty policy and service?
×
×
  • Create New...