Trophy 2052 Autopilot ??

Hey everyone, I'm new to the LOU.com   I have a trophy 2052 WA setup which I have owned for 10 years now.  Has the 4.3L runs great, bought it with 100 hours on it.  Boat is always dry docked when not fishing, I only use it to fish.  I typically fish the south shore.  Have had good success fishing over the years, however I was thinking about installing an autopilot unit on this boat.  I have zero experience with the products out there.  I really just want a system in which I can lock compass heading and fish.  I want to get the simplest system possible, however with a smaller boat such as mine, would autopilot work well in rough conditions? I was looking at the Ray marine EV 100 or 200.  any help here. thanks, 

I had a 25ft Wellscraft that I converted from cable steering to hydraulic and installed a EV 150 it worked so well I did the same thing on my  221 Islander hardtop even added the remote control Screenshot_20230718_172445_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3231ffccf1e1ef8f0af6d68bae356845.jpgScreenshot_20230718_172548_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2492c7322c7bf27f9f7398023c3485f4.jpg

i have the Raymarine EVA 150 with the remote on my 22 foot Hewescraft and it works great too. Be careful when you purge the air from your hydraulic system to ensure you bleed any air from the pump before running the pump. Otherwise easy setup.

• 2 weeks later...