Hot Lure: White Smart Fish with Green A-TOM-MIC Fly

Trolling Speed: (3.2 mph)

Down Speed: not determined

Boat Depth: 90 ft

Lure Depth: 60 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Great evening to be out on a flat lake with cool breeze. I headed north out of Ibay and found scum line in between 80 and 90 FOW. You could locate this easily when you look up north and you will see a break indicating the color change on the lake surface.

With just two hours to spare, I put out smart fish with atomik green glow fly on one rigger and stacked with NK 42nd spoon. The fish on the screen were sparse. With nothing going on, I was working on spooling the downrigger with a new cable. I saw two bright yellow spots on the screen where the downrigger was set. Then I saw the rod trip immediately. It took me good 15 minutes to land the fish. I was careful not to waste too much time as I took picture immediately and weighted it briefuly. Digitial scale showed between 17.8 and 19.6 lbs. The fish was released successfully. The picture doesnt do justice as I took it with my blackberry from a distance above the side of my boat to the fish in the water.

aV1irxu0.jpg

The screen started to show more fish as the sun set. Most fish were found on the bottom as I trolled all the way back from 90 to 70 FOW. Back to dock by 9:30 pm.