Cayuga 6-5

Had a meeting cancled Friday so decided to play Hook-e at the lake. Cold but calm morning. Borrowed my Dad's board set up and wanted to give them a shot as I mostly down-rig. Well had my first Brown on by 6:20am just starting out, nice colored fish about 7 lbs. Managed to land a salmon and Laker between several pickeral. Not great action but fun playing with the boards. I thought all I need is a Rainbow to complete the targeted species. 10 minutes later the lone downrigger finally fired with a HUGE Hit, ripping drag imediately. Had to hit nuetral and let the boards wander all over as this fish was big. As it got closer the silver fash was unmistakeable, its not a Laker! My heart was pumpin as I started winning the battle. The lake Gods were bieing kind to me as this my birthday was Sunday and rewarded me with a Rainbow over 29 inches and on my scale was between 10- 11 lbs. As a tribute to retiring the old boat I fish on this one is being mounted. The guy called it a steelie? Fished on Sunday to break the new boat in and did a nice salmon and a good Laker. The laker hit a cheater down no more than 15 feet. Action is slow but quality fish! Did see tons of bait and fish on the screen but all under 60 feet or less.

46701857.th.jpg