Prize Money for Pro AM

Nick may have something there. Few of us are willing to put the time that a few, like Paul, do. But many of us would be willing to do a small part. Perhaps when something needs to be done a simple post on a board such as this with the specifics would be a good thing. For example, Volunteer needed to direct parking and traffic at Niagara pro am. Friday 5pm - 9pm, Saturday 12 pm - 4 pm and Sunday 12 pm - 5 pm. Please reply to 555-555-5555 by May 12, 2010.

Another Idea would be a separate forum on LOU that would be dedicated to the Pro-Am. LOU members could monitor it for volunteering and rule changes, payouts and other information could be dispensed by the organizers quickly. Finally LOU members could take the responsibility of posting the official results quickly - like posting Saturday's standings on Saturday and then the final results on Sunday. Sponsor information could also be mentioned in the forum.

Most of the constructive criticism that I'm hearing is related to information and communication. This may be a volunteer solution.

CC

Some thoughts I had passed onto Paul included that if we really want to grow the events and have better payouts....we need to get involved. All of us contestants have a stake. Many of us are small business owners and in our circle of friends and contacts there are national/international corporations and businesses we should be tapping into for event donations. A simple letter to call in some favors coupled with passing on the name of the company contact to Pro/Am officials might go a long way to increase corporate partnership.

Whoe! I've been gone for 4 days and now i find out people can make a error or mistake! First its Monica,then Bush,( (Mr.President George Bush) then came the worst situation with our newest supreme leader ............(where is my rug) NOW the beloved Pro Ams volenteers have errored in there paperwork..OH WELL I GUESS THE PERFECT SAULUTION IS EVERYONE STAY HOME AND FIND FAULT WITH THE WORLD...DID I JUST SAY THAT ??????LISTEN the reason i hunt is to get the big one (buck) and if i dont i still had a GREAT time in the persuit and will try again next year and trust me it ant cheep to buy all the stuff to hunt with and travel to Indiana but the time spent with my hunting friends and the experience of the hunt will always be with me even if i come home empty handed.When i head to the lake to fish with my fishing buddies the time spent and catching is my reward for the 200.00 in gas it cost me not to mention boat ,and tackle cost.....When I(we TEAM L.O.U.S.E.R.S) get in a pro am derby ,we get to meet the great friends we talk to online who share the competative nuture in so many of us to compete against each other , share fishing stories (mostly the funny ones about musky bob) we have,and if the fish gods shine on our boat for that derby we get to stand tall and win a few bucks and some tackle too.......but even if we go home in last place we still have had(and we've been close) THE WONDERFULL EXPERIENCE AND THE STORIES TO TELL OF THE GREAT THINGS WE SHARED AND DID IN THE "LAKE ONTARIO PRO AM's DERBY's ...........SO ILL SAY IT AGAIN IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GREAT TIME FISHING WITH , AND TRYING YOUR LUCK ON THE FISHING SLOT MACHINE OF THE PRO/AM's , GET A TEAM TOGEATHER AND HAVE A GREAT TIME . iF YOU HAVE A WAY TO help the derby "volenteers " do so and if you have a concern try to find the right answer then bash where needed. and hey all the prizes ant gotta be tackle so if you know someone who can donate a nice flashlight set,tools,battery,womans lingerie(honey look what i won :lol:) ,red lobster meals(more salmon mmmmm)or any other MAN gifts or wifes gifts(maybe thell let us go more if we bring home a nice fruit arrangment) or gift cards, step up and give a hand . But hey me justa plummer.....(anyone need a shiny new plunger?)