me and my family will be making our yearly trip too clayton ny. we fish for 4 days and have an awesome time. i have no problem finding the bass, but i was looking for some help with the pike and walleyes. anybody been hittin pike and eyes? any advice would be sweeter than youhoo. we fish out lanz cottages and am very familar with the area. ive caught some big pike in previous years but that was pretty much luck. walleyes ive never tried for and would like too. I will be up there from Sun the 21st to wed 24th. again any advice on lures and location would be great.

My fish area recommendations would be for northern pike is anywhere around the Eel bay area, upstream from Eel bay between Picton & Grindstone Island. I have good luck in there with DR's........in 30 to 50 FOW.

And as Spinfly said, stop at the TI bait store and see what the rumor mill is saying.....

The west side of Carelton Island, near Cape Vincent, near the US side of the main channel is good for Eyes and maybe a northern or 2..........We fished for Eyes over Memorial Weekend and they were rumored to be hitting in the channel between Picton & Murray/Maple Islands.....but we never took any.....

Good Luck...

Well i know for fact that if you were to fish maple island you will find fish (northerns) as well as bass and even a cruising lunge. drift on the south shore and the west side their are plenty of humps and bumps all thru that island that keep pike and other fish their all year. you will have to change your depth in order to find them but they are there. been fishing that area for 20 yrs or more. its a guarentee. you could also try pine island, calumet island. eel bay is always a good choice but this time of yr water is to warm and that bay is pretty shalloww for the most part. your looking for 30 to 70 ft of water. be very careful of the west side of Carelton island it is very close to canadian border for the eyes. Most success for eyes are at night for the most part never really herd of to many banner catches while the sun is up but i could be wrong.. good luck and catch plenty of fish..

MAV