Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This is the first day of my pacific side Costa Rica vacation. Today was deep sea time. We trolled for half an hour and caught one barracuda and 12 bonitos. The barracuda was for bragging and eating and the bonitoes were cut up for bait. 
then we picked up the gear and moved on to deep dropping. We fished at roughly 500 feet and we were lucky enough to catch a few 10 pound groupers, some tyle fish and plenty of red snappers, in short, way more fish than we can eat. I have an understanding with a local orphanage and they gladly accepted all the fish we gave them.

This is the first time I used a Penn 30 Fathom Electric and being a 75 year old fart I happily ignored all the jokes asking me if I wanted the fish pre chewed on my plate as well and let the electric reel do all the 500 foot heavy lifting. I also was able to do more drops.

Tomorrow is an off shore day for sail fish yellow fin and mahi mahi 

Edited by rolmops
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...