Running 4 Wires...

I have heard of others running a 4-wire program and I am looking to give it a try. I will be running two wires with stainless and two with the camo wire. For those of you with experience with running 4 wires, would you run the camo on the outside on a 3 or 3.5 setting and the SS wire down the back on a .5 setting or vice-versa? My thinking is that since the camo wire cuts through the water better due to a smaller diameter, it would be better on the outside. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Tim, I would do the opposite imho. Run your deeper wires, inside.......reason being, your heavier(thicker) wire might have a tendency to run up higher on turns while your thinner wires are digging deeper. Your buying new wire if they tangle. Most guys run all they same kind of wire on the 4 so they react the same.

Good point - for turns that would probably be better. Ideally I would like to run all the same wire, however my two SS rigs are perfectly good and I hate to toss good tackle. Maybe I will try to respool the SS wire to have on back-up and go with all camo wires. Hmmmm.....

I agree. Run deeper line inside but I would run the inside at 1.5 and outside at 3.5 or 4. You must make very wide and very slow turns with 4 wires. If you have outriggers I would run the outside on the riggers for a widfer spread. Running 4 wires takes practice especially when there is traffic on the water. Keep outside out about 180 back (about 55' down)and inside about 240 - 270 (about70' - 80' down). If you run the oiutside at 210 (about 60' down) back run the inside at 300 back (about 90' down). This wioll allow your lines to go over and under each other. Trick is to watch out for your rigger depth as well. Thats why wide and slow turns.

Good Luck,

Shade

Tim just did some checking......

Either run the thinner line in the inside.....or run the same line on each side....that way they run the same.

Also.....our experience is run the outside 20ft or more than the inside........not good to run the inside(deeper) longer than the outside, because they will come up on turns. we can get a 1- 1.5 setting on the inside and 3- setting on the outside