Sandy Pond/Mexico area

Fished Friday night(8/21) for a couple hours. 2/3 both kings, healthy and fat. 23 lb and 18 lb. My friend is a first timer and he reeled in the 23. On the ride to the lake he was hoping for a 5 lb brown. His eyes about bugged out of his head when he saw the king hit the deck. It was great.

Saturday morning(8/22)- Slow morning for us. Went 2/3 all kings. Again, very healthy and fat. 24 and 18 lbs. One on green flasher/blue aqua fly, the other on a #silver j-plug off 450 copper.

Saturday night(8/22)- Went 2/3, landed a 22 lb king and a 15 inch brown with beautiful colors. If he was 10 lbs bigger he'd be on the wall. Tossed him back to catch in 2013. The fish we lost hurt bad, he took out 600+ ft of line and was on for 15 minutes and the spoon pulled.

Sunday morning(8/23)- Went 1/2, landed a 17 lb king off a spoon and missed one on another spoon. Only had him on for about 15 seconds and gone. Only two hits of the day.

Be back up 9/2-9/6. Hopefully, things will pick up in terms of numbers.

Bob

Gotta Bite:

We fished from 110-130 fow all three days(as did a lot of boats, in the morning anyway, afternoons lucky if we saw 5 boats each day). I caught one fish on a downrigger at 80 feet. The rest were caught on downriggers betwee 95-105. As for the dipseys, I tried everything from 180-315 on a 2 or 3 and only got one fish. We pulled one dipsey and fished a 450 ft copper with a #3 jplug which took two hits at approx. 100 ft. I would try and target the 95 to 105 lure depth. Hope this helps.

Bob