Hot Lure: spoons for the steel, kings came on spindocs

Trolling Speed: 2.25 -2.5

Down Speed: 2.5-2.75

Boat Depth: 75'-350'

Lure Depth: 65'-85'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got off to an early start with out any hits till 8'am, needless to say my greenhorn partner drops the first 2 releases and can't seem to figure out that once I've set the hook you don't really need to slam the hook home a few more times. (Deans 6'4 & 320 lbs.) OK now that I've got that out of my system we're working north when 165' wire rips, 22lb king in my hands. Then 3 steelhead as fast as I can get spoons down. First 28 glowfrog,then NBK stingray twice. We get too about 250' and theres decent bait and hooks in this zone then spindocs on wire out 210' fires nice king 18lbs.

Work out to 350' picking at them all the way , best depth for us was about 285' seem like every time we'd see bait we get a release. Had a great closer to the Fall LOC :yes::yes::yes:

Tight Lines,

Steve 8)

A good day. I seemed to have steered around them most of the day. I was in the same water with similar diver leads. I did take one good rip on a wire diver set up but lately they have been relatively unproductive for me. I've been curious if my choices of diver colors have any effect. Have you found that one diver color is working more than any other?

Thanks