Cayuga 09/19/09

Hookedup

Fished Cayuga today out of Ithaca the weather today made for some tough fishing. I didnt get to fish the derby, I had a trip today with some guys up from PA to fish. The cold front had the fish slowed down big time we put 8 hours in with only 8 legal fish in the boat. We had two big Salmon, one real nice Bow, and 5 Lakers one that was 10lbs and one just over 9lbs. But my best catch of the day was the 20 ft ponton boat that ran up my stern and crossed my boards :o . One thing I will say is the boards are hard to see in a chop and he did stop to untangle my line so I was able to save the board (Thank You) ;) . Now for the sailboat that did the same thing even after I changed direction three time from North to East, then back to South (to avoid you) thanks for the lost gear and smoked drags :@ . As for most of my fish we took them from 70' to 80' down on the West side. Sean

100_3477.jpg

100_3474.jpg

I too had several encounters with the blow boats yesterday. I find it very comfortinng knowing that all blow boats dont have the ability to see a boat with 4 rods sticking out the back and sides and be able to leave over 100ft between them on an east/west sail. Spent more time pulling rods and bumping up riggers cause I got forced into the shallows :@ . I know we all share the lake and must yeild to the blow boats, but I was running 2.2 to 2.4 mph and a steady straight line (normaly) and you would think with a mile wide lake the blowboat could give at least 300ft between them. What I mean is, if they want to have a conversation with another blow boat while sailing, use the radio, they dont need to be so close to hear each other fart. There was one blowboat north between the club and T-Falls that was considerate enough to to avoide makeing runs too close behind me or makeing me turn out and to you I say thank you :yes: If the others had his sailing ability all would be well and good. Could only fish saturday and got 2 one 7# and one 3# too small to weigh in so headed home. Good luck to all on the remainder of the derby.

Rod

gx1W9FzJ.jpg