night trolling for kings

i would like to try night trolling for kings this weekend and would appreciate any advise. it would seem to me that all of the action would be veary near the surface? would my downriggers be of any use or should the entire spread be flatlined? any sugestions would be greatly helpful. if we have any success, maybe i can talk my freinds out of getting up so early. :beer:

thanks

chris

You will need head lamps and halogens and any other type of light source. Downriggers work the best with glow spoons but j plugs will work even if they are not glow. Never tried a flasher fly because we have are confidence lures but they might work well. Usaully troll under 30 fow around the river mouth and stop at 9pm. The action seems to slow an hour after dark, maybe theres another magic time before dawn. I would say most fish come around 8 to 15 down with spoons, good luck and be safe.

Another thread mentioned neaderthals in driftboats without lights in the dark fishing. Perhaps leaving your bumpers out and having Oreos ready to throw may come in handy. At least a spot light to shine them in the eyes for that deer in the headlights look should the cast near you