Point Breeze.pics..dead salmon swimming!!!

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):9/23-24

Time on Water:9:00am-3pm on 23rd 7:00am - 5pm 24th

Weather/Temp:warm

Wind Speed/Direction:sw 10mph 23rd/ ne 8mph 24th then calm afternoon

Waves: 1-2 ft 23rd/bumpy morning calm afternoon 24th

Surface Temp: 66-68

LAT/LONG ():

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 4

Total Boated:4

Species Breakdown:2 kings 2 steelhead

Hot Lure: j-plug black and purple and glow green/ Protroll flasher and jitter fly

Trolling Speed:2.4- 2.8 gps

Down Speed: wishlist

Boat Depth: 10 ft- 550ft

Lure Depth: 3ft - 100 ft

=================

Got to go out a couple times with my son and daughter for a little late salmon action. What we found were what I described as dead salmon swimming :lol: . We started Wednesday in 65 fow and moved out to 85 fow as we trolled from the pumphouse back towards port and picked up a big ole dark king in 75 fow with a black and purple ladderback j-plug #4 down 65 ft. weighed 22 lbs on my hand scale. Chris did the honor of reeling it in and Amanda netted it like a trooper. We stayed on the inside waters and trolled for a few more hours to no avail so we only took the one fish that day. We ran a five rod spread with mostly j-plugs and swapped out a couple of spoon patterns and spin docs and flies with no hits.

Thursday we got out there a little earlier and set up in the river and trolled out the breakwall to just in front of the port and picked up another big dark king that was really not too good looking but Amanda was happy with it just the same. This fish came from 40 fow and on the green glow #4 j-plug down 30 ft. The day became brighter and so we picked up at 11:00am and ran to the 29.5 north lines and set up in 525 fow for some steelhead. We trolled all the way to 32 north and nothing for a couple of hours. So we turned west where I had some waypoints a couple weeks ago that were producing and sure enough there were still fish out there. Nothing too fantastic for action but at least there was some more than we were having with the dying salmon. Two steelhead came to the net with one being 8.5 lbs and the other a little 4 lber. The afternoon was really nice out there and the water was calm so if nothing else we had a nice boat ride. The steelies were taken on protroll e-chip flasher and Tatiana Mirage jitter fly and a green ladderback Pro king spoon. The fly was on a braid line dipsy with big ring out 240 on a 2.5 setting. The pro king was on the rigger down 75. Will post again if I get out this weekend.

Mark

===============

Tsb9nsS.jpg

Tsb9pY0.jpg

Tsb9ss9.jpg

Tsb9uXi.jpg