Last 4 weekends of fishing at Skinny....My own report..

I have been out there the last 4 weekends on Sundays.

I can tell you that my boat has done the following

11 OCT 2 fishermen on board, 4 poles, 4 inline planer boards 10 rainbows by 12 noon. Ranged from 2lbs 2oz to 5lbs 3oz mostly 3lb range (over 70-90' of water)

16 OCT 3 fishermen on bard, 6 poles, 4 inline planer boards, 2 downriggers (20' down) 11 Rainbows similar to previous week in size (over 70'-90' of water)

25 OCT 2 fishermen, 4 poles all inline planers, 3 Rainbows (40-120' of water)

1 NOV 3 fishermen on board, 6 poles, 4 off of Otterboats, 2 flatlines 9 Rainbows, 3 Atlantics (all 15 1/4") 1 perch!? (12' - 60' water)

We were trolling 2.4-3.2 MPH on the graph. Lures ranged from Sticks, Jointed Rapalla's, a couple spoons and some flies tied by Gene Karb.

Gene Karb's flies have been HOT, although on 1 Nov Rapalas and Sticks were HOT.

Fishing on 1 Nov was slow early morning, and got better as the day progressed into the noon timeframe. We were on the lake from 5am to 2:45pm, with most fish being caught between 10:30 am and 2pm. Most hits were double hitters (two poles at same time) or real close together hits.

Boats name is "Bobber Down" Will be out on Sunday 8 Nov as well, provided all goes well.

PM me if you need a more detailed fishing report.

By the way, this is my first post on here, seems to be a good forum.

I havent actually met Gene, I received his information through another guy that had some of his flies. I called Gene, placed an order, and he mailed them out to me. I have spoke with him on the phone a couple of times. Really nice guy. I think with the quality of his flies he could be selling them to a shop, however I really like being able to go direct to the source. His CC#2 is a HOT fly, as are the perch flies, and the all black ones.

Hey Bobbers,the quality of his flies is why he doesn't have them in the shops, They want them for nothing so he cut out the middle man. He makes money and you get a better price.Your right Gene is good people and I hope you get to meet him. Its to bad he has a fear of the computer, he won't go near one. He has fished the Skinny and other finger lakes for years,and would really enjoy this board. Next time you talk with him tell him that Mike the White Whale said hello. Sea ya.

• 4 weeks later...