WORK IN PROGRESS/ transom and floor replacement

SHADE OF GRAY

Me dad and my brother took my boat into the barn to start the "gutting" of my boat. She needs a new transom so dad cut out the outer transom and took out the old plywood that was like wet sawdust. Next step is to cleanup the inside floor and design a place to install a fuel tank towards the bow. Then install new plywood and vinyl on the floor. It already has a bilge but dad says he wants to install another automatic bilge just in case. Then we have to cut new wood for the transom and fiberglass it all back together and paint. Hope to be perchin with her by May. Here are some pics of the progress.

TwsnS.jpg

Cutting out the floor and getting it ready to replace a bad stringer. Soon as the weather warms up some we will start the fiberglassing. It sure is a mess. I cant wait to get it in the water.

T2d5i.jpg

tI9Vi.jpg

tIcpr.jpg

I have done a few boat floor repairs before. This seems to be pretty easy so far. The transom will be easier than I thought. I am going to try to install a permanent plastic gas tank and plumb it in so we dont have to deal with a gas can under foot. We will try to keep the pics coming. hopefully of better quality too. The boys are pretty excited about the project. Stay tuned....