Spinners?

I know spinners work well on alot of species. Can these be trolled. They come in various shapes, sizes, and colors to adapt to situations. Has anyone tried this. I hear of people trolling crankbaits and other lures we don't talk about much here. I have a handful that are productive in the creeks, wondering if they can pull double duty. I'm talking inline spinners, Mepps, Blue fox, Panther Martin, etc. If so which ones and how? Thanks in advance.

We experimented extensively with spinners years ago. Found decent results in the springtime mud with Browns and Cohos. Primarily Vibrax(Blue Fox?), and some mepps. Absolutely imperative to use a quality ball bearing swivel. We were trying to pull a few more bites and the flash and vibration may have helped. Ran them relatively short behind riggers. Never wanted to donate them to the lake so we never tried them off the boards. In any other application, caught a few, but not as well as other presentations. Thats been my experience, let us know how you make out. As for ball bearing swivels, the ONLY ones that are holding up to our repeated opening and closing are the Dreamweaver ones. I have had failures with Spro and Sampo.