Saturday: Got of to a LATE start due to some computer problems and licenses. Finally hit the water about 9 and got lines down at 9:30 in a stiff 2 to 4 chop. Dropped lines in 200 fow and worked 200 to 240 for the first 3 or 4 hours. 2 shaker Kings on various spoons on deep (55 and 65) wires 1 shaker king and 2 coho on braids set way out (#3 165 back and 185 back) had a couple guests with us so had a high mono w/ 6" orange crush spin doc and cheddar fly on a small dipsy that just wouldn't quit for a while on the coho and a smallish steelie. No screamers, so decided to head deeper, worked out to 300 and focused on 250 to 300 fow. Picked up a couple coho and then the deep rigger FINALLY fired. Jimmy noted it felt like a heavy fish but it really wasn't putting up much of a fight. After 3 or 4 minutes of making headway, he finally figured out he was hooked and decided to make a B-line for Toronto. Fish probably took 100 to 150 feet off and we again began to make headway. Got the fish about 50 feet from the boat and he realized what was going on and began a series of runs every time we got him close. After an agonizing 15 to 20 minute arm wrestling match we finally netted him a 19# 11oz fish, biggest of the trip. Dropped off our day trippers and headed back out for the afternoon on MUCH calmer seas. Worked 280 to 300 for a few hours and ended up with a couple more shaker kings, a 2 yr. old, couple coho, a few hit and misses and had some fun with a LARGE steelie on the braid.

Sunday: Got out on the water early and had a VERY hot bite for the first few hours, COHO CITY but a few kings in the mix as well. E-chip Evil Alewife on a wire diver did a LOT of damage. First King of any substance of the day came about 7:30 when a blue dolphin E chip spoon fired on the braid. SCREAMER!!!! 200 some feet of line out later we managed to whoa him up. Unfortunately there was an oncoming boat that we were having a heck of a time getting away from, as I would veer west, he reset his course right at us! Somehow managed to avoid catastrophe even as Jimmy was doing jumping jacks and screaming at the top of his lungs trying to get the oncoming boat's attention. The other boat squeaked by us at a mere 8 to 10 feet! I could almost grab the end of his boom rigger. The boat was comprised of 2 F.R.O.G.s not paying any attention to anything but their spread. The fish Gods were with us and we boated the feisty 17#er. Reset and boated another 14#er shortly thereafter on the same rig that boated the big fish of Saturday, an Old yeller Mag SS on the rigger 75 down. Managed a couple more coho and a few hits and misses along with a brief battle with another fish off the rigger to no avail before calling her quits about 10:30.

Good trip hope to be up again the weekend of the 26th. Here's a link to the fish we brought home, the 3 largest kings, the 2 y.r old griller, and a few coho for the smoker.

http://www.glangler.com/boards/User_fil ... e5ce04.jpg

Thanks SeaSquirrel. I heard you a couple times on the radio. It sounds like we missed out on the great day you had Friday. I thought about hailing you, but wasn't sure you'd know who I was since I am new on the LOU.

The encounter wouldn't have been such a big deal probably if it wasn't my buddy's first King.

That NE wind sure did seem to scatter those Kings. As we were pulling out of the water though we heard guys starting to peck away at them in closer, like 200 to the break?