Where am I going Tomorrow 4/9? UPDATED,,,,, HOW DID I DO?

Ok, my Father in law is flying in. I plan to pick him up at the airport at around noon, and head somewhere to go fishing. I was out on Ontario last weekend, beautiful day, no fish, doesnt look like 7' seas are where I am headed to fish, so I am looking at the finger lakes. I would love to get into some browns. I have never been browns fishing before, as I am a military guy from out west. Anyway, I have a boat, and I think I have enough tackle. Just need to get some advice as to where to go, where to launch, and any other tips you are willing to bestow upon me.

I appreciate any and all recommendations. Ones that include what the browns are hitting on in the recommended body of water are even better.

Thanks!

Ed

Thanks for the update Final Flight. I am going to hit Cayuga, never been there before, so it will be a new experience. I am taking my boat, Bobber Down. if anyone is out there, look for me on the radio, I would be happy to receive/give a fishing report based upon what my activity looks to be. I should be out there around 1PM and will most likely fish til sunset. IF anyone has any further advice on stick colors or spoon colors, please PM me or post here so I can take a look. I will be headed out around 10am as I have to swing by the airport to pick up my Father in Law, enroute to the fishin hole.

Tight Lines!

Ed

Ok, so I went out of Cayuga this afternoon, Launched around 2pm and fished until 6:30pm

Caught 2/2

1 17" ----didnt weigh it, wasnt worth turning on the scale for.... caught on pearch colored 4" rapala stick bait

1 7lbs 0oz -----Excellent fish, put on a great show, and a good fight. caught on a 6" stick bait, with blue top, orange bottom, chrome sides and black vertical stripes over chrome sides.

Big one caught in 12' of water 54 degree surface temp

Lil one caught in 35-60 ft of water, was just up the east side coming up from the south where the steep cliffs are.

Big one was caught in front of the sailboat marina area in the SE corner of the lake.

Thanks for all who responded to me and gave me advice, as you can see I followed it, and it produced. 4hrs on the lake in late afternoon and a couple fish. I think both fish were caught between 3pm and 430pm.

OH yeah, Father in law made me hold the minnow. :rofl:

TIGHT LINES

lslf0.jpg