Spring trolling bar/wilson

Fished the Bar for the 1st time last May and think I might be hooked for life. Looking to come up in late April not targeting any specific species just to fish. It seems like browns will be close to shore and salmon a little deeper but is there a happy medium where a newcomer could catch multiple species? Have all the gear, but have never used boards and don't want to be into alot of boat traffic when putting them out for the 1st time. Reels are all spooled with 30lb power pro, will an 8ft lead of mono work o.k. or should I overspool with 100 ft or so of mono? Thanks for all the information. This site is awesome.

8 ft will work fine, as far as boat traffic if your going to fish the Bar then there really is no avioding it, as for species of fish it kinda depends on what bar you fish, I would say that the bar around the green can should be getting red HOT for anything from kings all the way to lakers. thats where you can cacth multiple species but if you want manly kings the second bar by the red can is the way to go which is in my opion the best place to catch spring kings in may.