Keuka 4/24

Fished out of Keuka state park. Fished further south towards the bluff this time. Fish were on fire all day. We were out at 6 and by 8 I lost count at 15 or so. the fish were also good size, 20-24" and nothing smaller than a 3.5lb with the biggest 6lbs. fish 100-130 fow till about 10 when the bite slowed, and then middle of the lake 160-165 fow. we had the riggers parked at 100 and 85 with sd/fly till they just turned off at 10, finally had a chance to get the wire rods in and the action started all over again. we set the wire at 250 and 200. white was the hottest color with anything with blue and green second. we ended up with somewhere in the 30-40 fish range with about 10 lost and a very big fish broke off 75 feet behind the boat. not bad for 2 guys and manual downriggers! my arms are tired today.

Are there any good luanches on the east side of the lake? I'm thinking I might try it this year. Good spots to fish?

711skwerlz - there is a launch in Penn Yan for the east side. It is a free launch for now. There has been talk for a few years to start charging non village residents. It is a good launch but it does get busy on weekends. There is a launch at Keuka Lake State Park and another launch (no docks) across from the firehouse in Branchport. I've never launched there but I have seen some decent sized boats launch there but I would guess it may get shallow if the water levels are low.

I stick to the west side of the lake so I don't have any good spots for the east side.