Vet, lookin for tips :)

Name: Justin Danforth

Home Port: Ft Lewis, WA

Boat Name/Type:none yet

I fish for:Slamon, Bass, Trout, Pike

==================

Hi, im new to LOU and im going to be new to the area, im getting stationed at ft drum when i get back and when i get there in looking for a boat first thing, im just an average angler just go out for a good time, so im looking for tips on a boat for begginers, because ive heard the lake can be dangerous and i have only been on canoes, rowers, and 15hp 12footers, so i would like to know what kinds of boats are good for begginers and equipment i should need, and also some tips on fishing the lake in particular

Hey Justin, welcome aboard. Before you go & invest in something you might not be satisfied with, I'd suggest hopping aboard a charter boat once or twice or even going out with some of the other fishermen on this site. A lot of us would be willing to show you the ropes. There's a section on the site here titled Open Seats/Trade a Trip. When you get to Ft. Drum, post a thread in there & I'm sure you'll get more than one invite (myself included). In the meantime, browse thru the various sub-forums and try to glean as much info as you can. When you get on the water with one of us it will come together and make sense on how & why we do things a certain way. Except when it comes to buying gear, & that's just an addiction :D

So from a fellow vet, welcome again & enjoy your stay here. Thanks for your service to our great United States of America. ;)

Welcome aboard! THANK YOU for your service for our country! :yes: Ditto to what Musky said - there's a lot of great people on this site whom are always willing to help.

Shawn