Canandaigua lake 5-24-10

I fished the north end from 5:45pm to 7:45pm. I went 3 for 4 pulling copper. Standard lakers 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 lbs. The one I lost was a bigger fish. I had him 90 percent in, but a few head shakes and he was gone.

Once again I did not mark many fish.

Sincerely,

Georged

Thanks for the report.

Nice to see someone is catching fish on Canandaigua this year. I've gone twice without moving a rod and from other reports I have read things seem slow. Hopefully things will pick up. Nice job with the 3, the "BIG ONE" always seems to get away! Maybe next trip. :)

LTtroller

Bob

I sense the same fustration that I am having with fishing Canandaigua Lake. In six outings this year I have only boated 2 fish. I mark so few fish I question whether the sonar is working. I have fished this lake over 30 years and have never seen it this bad. I have signed up for the DEC diary program so I can convey to them how poor the fishing is. Members here might consider the same!

Cdga-Art:

I fish Canandaigua lake at least 3 times a week for trout. I thought last year was one of the best I have had fishing it. I also signed up with the fish dairy program this year. The key for me is finding fish and staying on them. If I skip a week and loose the pattern I usually struggle to find them again. I just installed a new fish finder and was also questioning its capabilities due to the lack of fish on the screen. Tonight I did mark a few fish so I know its working. Good luck.

George

I sense the same fustration that I am having with fishing Canandaigua Lake. In six outings this year I have only boated 2 fish. I mark so few fish I question whether the sonar is working. I have fished this lake over 30 years and have never seen it this bad. I have signed up for the DEC diary program so I can convey to them how poor the fishing is. Members here might consider the same!

I think your sonar works fine, I have had the same thoughts about my unit except when I actually drive over some fish.

Also George has a good point in regards to finding the fish and staying with them. I have had days when the fish are stacked up from Seneca Point to Black Point then the next week hit the same waypoints and poof, gone. I will be out all weekend.