Anyone running Paul's Planners?

Anyone running Paul's planners? I have a set that I ran for the first time the other

day. Using the braid as supplied, and they track awesome. I minor glitch, and looking

to see what others may have done.

On my tow line, I have about 20 clipper releases. On the big boards/tow line, we never

really noticed that the tow line was affected by the weight of the releases, but with the braid, it seemed to be. My mast is 6ft, and is up on the bow. So to alleviate the issue, we used a pinch pad release to "hold" 14 up at the mast. Took care of the issue, but on a busy board day, I don't want to have to keep going up front to let more releases go.

Anyone have a tip?

John

Hello, I use Paul PLaners and have nothing but good things to say.

The technique I use greatly increased the ease of use and tracking seemed to get better.

Use a braid 150lb test, attached to a 6-7' older ocean rod, with an older reel that is laying around. Let the board out and throw the rod in a holder attached to bowrail around the helm.

This flex of the rod, and increased seperation help me run up to 4 jets or plugs on each side.

I also run leadcore off of them without any problems. When you start to collect some clips, grab the ROD and reel it in.

Being able to manuever the mast/rod helps when clips might get flipped or tangled. Have not attached mast past two years and run charters with these boards.

John,

I assume your using retrivers to get to the line. can ya leave your extras 10 ft or so from the mast before the retrivers ? If not ya might need to get the slip on releases with the pinch pads kinda pricy but a good backup on those hot board days.. Or if the boards pull that good (track) can ya put a pully with shockspring to a eyebolt on the hard top after you put the boards out, might be a pain gettin stuff out or in unless you rig up a quick pin on the pully so after the boards are out you can walk to line back and hook on the pully spring assy. so ya dont need to go all the way to the front to get yer extras....

Other than that ya might have to call me for a walleye trip so i can come up with some ideas on the water....

Thanks. I did like how the boards track, so I guess I just play around with not having as many clippers on the

tow line. If I went back to the offshores, that would solve that problem, but I do like the clippers better. Always

something!

Ray...bite has started....if this holds true to the norm, we should be looking at a smoking hot july and august!

John