Migration of Kings North to South?

I'm an Erie guy who fishes Ontario twice a year from Dalhousie (spring) and Olcott (late summer). I see that the Canadian north shore is having a nice streak of big fish. In some posts anglers refer to the movement of Kings from North to South as the season goes on.

Is there any known migration route that the fish take in the Lake? Are the Canadian waters more attractive to Kingers in the early summer?

I love fisheries biology and I'm curious what insight any of you veterans have on how these fish migrate or whether they stick around their "home" ports.

Migration is Niagara then east towards Olcott in the spring. Then it seems they slide across to Canada in July, about the same time they start receiving upwellings with cold water tight to shore. Then some head east along the Canadian shore towards Scotch Bonnet and then further east. Some Canadian fish stay near their port of orgin and stage. Some come back around past Niagara and Stage along their stocking ports on the south shore with most going to the Oswego, Salmon river. Pen imprinting is real important to convince fish NOT to all go to the Salmon River.

Thanks Gill that's some interesting migration info.

We don't have any upwellings in bathtub Erie so I guess I better pay closer attention to the wind direction when fishing off Olcott. I haven't factored that into a plan of attack before. Just one more variable to plug into the equation.