cayuga 7-18

well i am from fulton and normally fish the big pond seeing it is only 5 minutes away but with the west wind all weekend it was too rough for my 19footer so we took the hour drive to cayuga to fish down there because i read some great reports taht made it soudn like you could do no wrong. so we gave it a try. we ended up going 3 for 5 for a hour and a half worth of fishing...all three were lakers that were in the 5-7lb range and suprisingly put up really good fights one even jumped 3 or 4 times...i have never seen lake trout fight so good all the ones we get in lake ontario come up like boots...granted i sitll would rather catch some big kings but we settled for cayuga cause of the wind and didnt do bad....started with tthe riggers at 90 70 and 50 and the dipsy at 175ft caught all the fish on flashers and flys between 45 and 60 ft....idk how deep we were my depth finder **** the bed on me last week and i just got it back today we just kinda drove circles haha launch outa south west state park idk how to spell it tanaughcok or somthing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Good to see you had a good time. The fish aren't as big and nasty like the big lake but its pretty cool and Cayuga has a lot more fish per square mile in my opinion than lake O. The water off of Taughannock gets extremely deep extremely fast. Once you go out of the launch under that bridge the water drops to over 200 feet before you get 200 feet offshore.

If you have to make the trip again, try Dean's cove. Same side of the lake about 15 miles North of Taughannock. You must have drove right by it but you have to be looking for it to find the sign. You can also launch at the state park at the north end of the lake in Seneca Falls and motor south about 5 miles until you get to deep water.

yes they do seem to have a decent amount of fish in the lakes just averaging smaller than lake O. and i do launch at deans cove when i am waterfowling but i heard that the good fishing is down at taughannock in the deep water so that is were i went....is it just as decent at deans and the other park up farther it would cut about 40 mins off my drive if i end back down there from weekend winds again.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I haven't been out in a few weeks due to boat issue but it is good at Dean's. Head to the middle of the lake and south a little from deans and the water will get to 250 feet pretty quick.