Cayuga 8-16 evening

Quick trip last night with Kaden and my brother-in-law. Brother-in-law was late meeting us at T-Falls, so we only ended up fishing from 7-8:00 pm. Couldn't get anything going on spoons off the riggers, but the mag dipseys with spinnies and flies were hot. Went 4/7. First fish broke the swivel behind the dipsey. Second fish nobody home. Next three we got in the boat. Finished off with a double, one of which wrapped himself around the rigger cable and freed itself. Put four 8-10 lb lakers in the boat. Kade had an hour of non stop fish fighting, Uncle Joe was drivin', and al I was doin' was handing Kade the rods and resetting after fish. What a night! :clap::clap:

Kyle

I bounced mine all over the place. I have 3 riggers. Center being the one with the depth raider. Put the center at 105 to 110 ft all day. That put me in 49 to 52 degree water temp at a down speed 2.0-2.5mph. 10lb ball. My side riggers I moved through out the day ranging from 60' to 139' but I mainly stuck to 90 to 115' I ran spoons with sliders on side riggers. Green spinny and green atommik fly on the center with a cheater spoon. Swapped the spoons out for spinnies and flys toward late evening. Had a few hits but no hook ups. Dipsys did all the work. They just were on fire.

We were running the riggers at 40' and 60' with sliders on them. Saw quite a few fish on sonar in that range while we were setting up out over 250 fow. After we got set up, I swung in shallow to see where the mag dipsys were running(only second time with the mags). We got in to 80 - 90 fow and all hell broke loose with the dipsy rods, a lot of lakers on the bottom, not much bait or anything else up high. We decided to stay and play with the lakers. I told Joe we could move out over deeper water and try to find the salmon if he really wanted one for the grill, but we decided to stay and watch Kade play with the lakers. I'm betting the salmon were out over deeper water. All the lakers we caught were healthy, heavy, unmarked fish...one of the best quickie evening trips we've had. :yes:

Kyle