Myrtle beach fishing

My brother is in Charleston, SC. Myrtle should not be a whole lot different in terms of backwater around the intercoastal. Any areas that open up into the ocean with wide bays and have some deeper water you should find flounder and all of the back water should be loaded with reds and sea trout. The trick will be staying away from all of the boats cruising thru some of the same water.

If you can afford the bill to get offshore on a charter, there should still be Mahi and Wahoo 40-50 miles offshore or headboats going out 20-30 miles for grouper and snapper.

• 2 weeks later...

Murrel's Inlet, south of MB has plenty of headboats and charters. I prefer the headboats that head offshore to the Gulfstream and you bottom bounce bait with a gang of people. There's a lot of action and laughs. They don't hurt your wallet too bad either.

Thanks for the info. From what I heard down there is that it was the wrong time of year for surf or pier fishing. Did fish the cherry grove pier one day got tired of catching baby sand sharks. I caught atleast 30 of them in about 2 hours. I seen probably over 200 of them caught that night. Caught a couple of sting rays, 3 big flounder, 4 specks, and a nice red fish. I work for the state and they are always behind on paying overtime, which I was going to use to go off shore with, but didn't get that check. Oh well I guess I will save the 200+ over time hours they still owe me for a new boat next year.