Canadaguia tips, HELP

I plan on hitting Canadaguia this weekend, went out last Sunday and fished from Woodville up almost to long point and caught 1 small laker and missed 1. Using Mt dew spin with hammer fly and misc spoons. 1 rigger at 70', 1 at 60'. Tried to stay in 100-150 FOW Went up one side back the other, had two friends with me who don't believe there are any fish in the lake, did not dispel this theory. Any help or comments would be much appreciated. Also My boat has a vhf radio that I never have learned to use, does anyone talk on these and what channels are they on. I like to hear the chatter. Thanks

jcritt1, jcritt1, FLXTroutman on 68 do you copy?

Yes, there are fish in the lake, over. I think that is a way to communicate with your VHF. I never hear much chatter though, but give me a shout if your're out there, I will talk to you.

Mtn dew SD and hammer fly is a favorite of mine, if you only have riggers, run it 5'-10' off the ball, spoon colors vary day to day, mix it up until you get something working. Spoon leads off the ball vary, try from 10'-85', sliders or cheaters add more the mix too, again mix it up until something works. If the mtn dew SD is working try a NK size 28 or Mag in black/ chartreuse cup, similar colors if you know what I mean. White Rock to Whiskey Point on the eastside this time of year should be productive water. I prefer a very early start, lines in the water at sunrise, if you stay on the eastside the hills keep the water "in the dark" longer but once the suns gets up you may have to go deeper, vary your speed, make a turn, changes in boat direction can affect lure speed at the ball.