Cayuga 9/5/10 with pics

Tough day fishing. Things did not pick up until the sun peaked around the clouds. I can't remember how many we landed but we kept 5 lakers. Biggest being 7 lbs. Caught a lot of little lakers and LL's. No bows and I was trying real hard. Lost a lot of big lakers for some reason. :( Oh well. My wife fished with us in the morning and she caught a 4lb laker. I have a pic but it is on my camera and not my phone. I will try to post it tomorrow. Did not take many photos today but here are two. Sacrificed the lead core due to a huge tangled mess to the fish gods. Also, my left rigger cable got overwrapped and a kink in it at 64 ft, so thats going to need replacing in the morning. And lastly don't have a freaken clue how this happed but the wire on my dipsys got wrapped in the gear housing inside the reel. It was an easy fix but lost a 100 ft of wire cause due to a few kinks. So with my sacrifices we made today should give us some good fishing tomorrow! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I switched out so many spindoctor/fly combos and spoons that I could not tell you what was working. Orange, Black, and Blue seemed to be good colors today.

bJCci.jpg

bJHbA.jpg

I was hoping to get out last night or today but the old mans tow vehicle is down, and my trailer isn't inspected for my boat. We will be ready for the B&B though. I have i'm off from Wed so hopfully i get next weekend and a few days before to get dialed in again. It's killing me to miss a weekend, but it happens i guess. Good luck and keep them comin'!

rshubuck...try loosening your drag to the point that you really need to work to gain line and don't use much of a hook set if any. Mouths are soft this time of year, and rip out easily unless they're hooked deep or in bone.

Kyle