Hit the water about 5:45am and headed out to 70ft of water. Trolled out to 200 and didn't mark very much of anything, no bait and a few fish right on bottom. Got a small king in 197ft of water down 85, that's where I saw the first fish of the morning that wasn't on the bottom on the graph at 86ft and bang :shock: Mtn. dew spin Dr with a Howie Packer fly on the rigger (thanks Jax ;) ) started back in on a SE troll and brought the rigger up from 65ft to 48 ft and had quite a show from a nice steelie behind the boat that was out of the water more than in the water until it ran straight at the boat until it was even with the rigger cable. Handed the pole to my friends son while I "tried" to clear the wire and it jumped again and spit the R&R watermelon right back at our face. That was it for fish on the day.

Only fished 3 hrs (got a little too bumpy for my friend) and we headed in. His sons first salmon and the steelie was just a blast to watch :lol:

Didn't try in close at all, wish I would have started at the 40 foot mark and then headed out. Need a few days of light winds to settle things down a bit.