Any open water fishing on/near Keuka this weekend?

Greetings, LOU community!

Thank you in advance for considering my post. My future wife and I have both caught Spring Fever already ;) We have an opportunity to spend this Valentine's Day weekend at her mother's place on Keuka lake, and we were wondering if there are any fishing opportunities to be found this time of year on the lake or nearby? We do not have an ice auger or a boat, so we are really looking for open water shore fishing. I know from experience that standing on her mom's beach we can cast to about 20 or 30 feet of water. We are also willing to drive to short distance to any other public area where we might have better success. We are open to just about any gamefish or panfish that might be available and in season, and are simply looking to start our fishing season early, if possible. Any thoughts on where to go or what to look for would be very, very helpful!

Thank you again for your help!

-CatFisher

Catfisher you might want to try casting cleos or#11 repalas. Any color seems to be pretty god right now. Depending on were your at on Keauka Is will determine wether or not if there is ice or not. However if you don't have ice at your dock it would be a wise move to start there.Early morning is usually very good and then again in the late after noon.Good Luck hope this helps. Enjoy your VALINTINE!

Hello, silver bullets!

Thanks very much for the reply! So are you suggesting that there may be some trout in close enough to cast to? I know later in the spring they are right up near the docks, but I was not sure about this time of year. What should we expect, lake trout? I understand they've become kind of the dominant salmonid in Keuka these days. If so, how deep would we need to get to in order to find them? We will be on the eastern shore just south of Bluff Point, and we were told there is no ice on the beach. I believe we could cast to about 30 feet of water at most. Do you think we might be able to hook up with something? I do have a variety of Little Cleos an spinners we could throw at 'em. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for your help!

-CatFisher

If you fish with cieo's cast out and let them settle for 3 to 5 second, then begin a slow retrieve. this should produce some lakers. If you use #11 repalas cast them out as far as you can let them set for a few second then begin a moderate to fast retrieve with a few jerks in the retrieve.This should produce some Land lock action. Good luck.