Hot Lure: Raps

Trolling Speed: 2.1-2.6

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 7-20 ft.

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Made my first ever trip for spring shoreline trolling on Lake Ontario. I fish mainly Lake Erie for eyes and perch. I had this entire week off from work with high hopes of getting out a few times. Weather did not cooperate all week so I made the drive up this morning. Boat in at 5:30 lines in at six. First hit at 6:10, WOW. Had six fish on total and landed three in three hours of fishing. Not bad for my first attempt. Water seemed pretty dirty, not the magical "Pea Soup" everybody mentions. All in all a nice morning. Fished two F9 Raps, one black silver and the other firetiger. Fish were on the small side, but nice and healthy.

All my trolling rods have braid on them for eyes, could this cause the other fish to come unbuttoned with no stretch?

I was in a red tiller, probably saw a few of you guys out there. Would have liked to fish a little longer but had to get home for Easter brunch.

IMGP2272.jpg

IMGP2274.jpg

IMGP2275.jpg

Try switching your back hook on your sticks a couple sizes bigger the manufacture hooks are too small and flimsy made a big difference for me in number of fish landed....lost a big one today casue i got lazy and didnt change a new one i had jsut bought to replace a few lost one and had it straighten out a hook on me when it was making a run :/

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png