Fall near shore salmon questions

new to board and just got a 18.5 Lund fisherman and would like to give fall salmon a try when they are close to shore and shallow and know very little about it. I have never fished lake O but have fly fished in Oak area. Any info would be appreiciated as I need to schedule vacation time soon to come up. I would like to spin fish, and cast for salmon. how about drifting eggs sacs from boat? I dont have donwriggers but do have 2 trolling rods with lead line but was more interested in casting etc in harbors or river mouths from boat. What is best place and time to go? Any help or info would be appreciated

Nothing wrong with the Oak for your fall salmon fishing, just don't plan to early. Don't plan before last two weeks or so of September, and then it depends on the water flows. Some guys actually change there sleep up and fish at night, check regs, where legal. Lures and egg sacs work well. One lure that has worked well for me in the light is a long billed crank in firetiger. Key though is to burn it. If you think your reeling fast, reel a little faster. Ya make 'em mad, they'll bite it. Lot of guys use rattle traps as well. If you use egg sacs, use enough floatation to keep it just off the bottom. If lake conditions cooperates get that lead core out and run #4 silver bullet J plugs in 50-100 ft of water put in front of break wall. Run the lead just short of the bottom contour and zigzag troll at about 2.7-3.0 mph. Every once in awhile if you bring the plug up and it's got zebra mussels on the hooks, your in the zone. Just clean them off and get back down there. As far as lodging if the weather permits alot of guys bring tents and stay either at North of the Ridge or the state park off of 18. There that's a start, any questions don't hesitate.