Oneida 5/29/30 Bad and Good

walteye

Coming up from PA and watching the weather-came up Saturday night to fish Sunday and 1/2 day Monday. With the showers and overcast day on Sunday-with the unbelievable bug population that descended on my boat all day-with the lures that were trolled and the jigs that were jigged-I thought it would end up a good day. I at least can say that the 11 hours fishing produced a limit and a few perch. I marked so many fish without a bite it was frustrating. But I put icons in the GPS to try again on Monday.

With better weather and so much less bugs to contend with on Monday-I headed out to Dakin Shoals and trolled the easternmost hump that had SO many marks on Sunday with nothing to show for it- within an hour I had my limit in the boat! Any lure in perch color produced til the sun broke through-then the purples took off. Fished the south side of Shackleton Shoals in 35 fow and just hammered the eyes for 3 hours- ended up with 28 eyes caught by 11 am. The worst part of the day was the floating weeds and dragging the planer boards down.

Walteye