lease or permission for work

I am 22yrs old and i have now been duck hunting for 2 seasons with my 2yr old yellow lab, Clyde, I am looking for a small pond or swamp or really just anywhere that the ducks wanna be. I am not made of money but could spend a fair amount on a lease. I also have access to firewood that I would be willing to swap for rights or really anything that you may want done. I was most interested in a place north of the salmon river but have since decided that anywhere somewhat close to binghamton ie within 2 hrs would work fine i have a place to stay at a camp on sandy pond so close to there would be the best. I am not looking to hunt deer turkeys just ducks, and maybe geese but i dont really have any goose decoys or equipment. In the past on land that I deer hunt I have almost always worked for the right, Theres not to much in life or free so I am willing to work for the rights. any help of any kind would be greatly apppreicated.

Your rite not much is free, but must people farmers especially dont care about waterfowl at least over here in wny you could get permission 8 out of 10 times you stop and nock on a door. I wouldent pay just yet unless its a prime flyway peice where fresh ducks are arriving daily, if not you will shoot it out the first week.. and with 82 days left untill canadas open again you have plenty of time to ask