Hot Lure: steelie dan

Trolling Speed: 3.1

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 140

Lure Depth: 25

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Headed out to 400 early to try to find thermal breaks but found nothing. Seemed like they liked it fast today. Had a screamer on and ended up breaking the 15lb mono. Maybe I should spool with 20?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The waves were too much for us. We launched after the rain passed over and made a few passes at 15 & 30 ft with nothing to show for it except one lonely alewife that must have thought it was a trout. Should have stayed in bed...

Carpedeim,

I have run straight 20lb Ande for the last 10 years with a Flouro leader and never had any problems with break offs , just a novice that thought he'd SLAM the hook home after a 200 yrd. run on a big king last year. As far as 4 releases you did good we were 1 for 2 and it was a 1 lb king 50 down over 190' on a DW Sniznit SS 40 back. Keep at it , it's going to get a lot better in a few weeks, just need to get threw the June set up period then all hell breaks lose out there.

Matt, are you the guy with the red truck(chevy i think)? I was there just before you. You passed me at the turnaround. I ended up with three kings(2 skips) and 3 lakers in 240 fow, the kings were all caught in 180 fow and 8 pounds was biggest. The weather has been great the past couple weekends for us small boaters, and the fishing has been great too :yes: .

Matt, are you the guy with the red truck(chevy i think)? I was there just before you. You passed me at the turnaround. I ended up with three kings(2 skips) and 3 lakers in 240 fow, the kings were all caught in 180 fow and 8 pounds was biggest. The weather has been great the past couple weekends for us small boaters, and the fishing has been great too :yes: .

Yeah that was me! I don't particularly remember which boat you were but congrats on doing so well out there. Today got pretty rough toward the end and was the reason we ended up coming in. At this point i am happy to not be skunked :yes:

The waves were too much for us. We launched after the rain passed over and made a few passes at 15 & 30 ft with nothing to show for it except one lonely alewife that must have thought it was a trout. Should have stayed in bed...

I was really happy to see the rain go away a little after we got going. The fish we got was stuffed with alewife!

Carpedeim,

I have run straight 20lb Ande for the last 10 years with a Flouro leader and never had any problems with break offs , just a novice that thought he'd SLAM the hook home after a 200 yrd. run on a big king last year. As far as 4 releases you did good we were 1 for 2 and it was a 1 lb king 50 down over 190' on a DW Sniznit SS 40 back. Keep at it , it's going to get a lot better in a few weeks, just need to get threw the June set up period then all hell breaks lose out there.

I can't wait, thanks for the info - that one we lost will keep me coming back for a while

Matt spool up some 30# Big Game on those reels for the big guys and to help keep them nasty fleas off soon. Put yourself on some 15-20# Seaguar fluorocarbon leaders :yes::yes::yes:

Sounds good!

Rod length leader with a Blood knot?