Hemlock & Canadice

CS23,

Last Friday evening I went 1 for 2. Decent 3.5 pound smallmouth. My brother in his boat went 0 for 2. We got back out on Saturday. I ended up 1 for 3...I lost about a 8 pound bow on the back of the boat. Chartruse Apex 25 feet down over a 50 foot bottom. Again a about a 3 pound smallie was the one that I landed. The 3 fish was on for about 20 seconds.

We are hitting Hemlock again tonight, I'll let you know if we do anything.

Good Luck

Steve

We trolled 40 ft. down over 50+ feet last week and hit some great smallies on some big bait balls. Silver Suttons mostly. I know there were trout there, but couldn't raise one.

I hear the live bait has been working well.

i just started getting seriously into trout and salmon fishing. Been Mainly a bass kinda guy for the past few years. But Anyways i fish alot at hemlock and its the one lake i can catch anything but a trout on. So im planning on going again in august and was wondering if i could get any tips on how to catch them. i know the thermocline is about 30 ft down. so any help?

I've dragged shiners on the bottom for Lakers with some success. One 11 pounder even.

I usually troll with 2 downriggers. Sutton spoons, Chrocodiles, green or yellow stick baits, or just silver anything.

I set my lines from 40 ft. to 25 ft.

You can see about where the therm. is by the fish marks on the finder.

Sometimes the therm. even shows up on it.

See you there. I have a white and red Smoker Craft.

Mike

They are the thick clouds of bait you see on your fish finder. Sometimes they are so thick the rods will twitch from the line running through them.

Most times there will be fish feeding around them or down wind from them.