Hot Lure: Green SD/fly combos

Trolling Speed: 1.2 - 2.8

Down Speed: No idea

Boat Depth: 80-175

Lure Depth: 40 - 120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Started out in the 80-100 FOW range and marked plenty near bottom, but couldn't get anything to go w/ flys or spoons so threw on my new Hammerhead spinners followed by a peanut on 1 and a spin & glo on the other. Dropped speed to 1 - 1.4mph and got a small laker. I have always heard how effective this set-up was but had never tried it, I guess it works.

I wasn't out for lakers though, so I gave a quick shout-out on the radio for help with down temp. Thank you to TOMAHAWK for the info. Ran out to 175FOW and put gear down in the 90-110 range. Wasn't too long after the wire out 330 fires, nice 14# king. While re-setting that line (out ~315) something grabbed it, but was gone before the boy realized a fish was on, just glad he had a decent hold on the rod :lol: .

Did a double :) to end the trip in about 130 FOW on the wire out 330 again, a 10#+ laker, and a beautiful 16# king on the rigger down 75. Both green flasher/ fly combos, at 2.4mph .

All the fish were caught (or missed) on a SE troll.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

LTtroller

(Bob)

Nice report Bob. The wife and I tried our luck last night and did pretty well fishing the same area as you. We had kings and bows from 150 - 250 with a nice break line at 230 (were we did all of our bows). Had lots of marks in that 100 foot range and had missed a couple hits there. Current was crazy out deep - I was 1.8 going West to get hits and 3.2 going East to get hits. Good luck the rest of the weekend out there!