clamp on rod holders for copper?

whats everyones opinion of using a clamp on rod holder for a copper rod? we started running a 300 copper down the chute last year and im thinking of adding another rod and using in line planers this year. the boat is a trophy and i was thinking of using a pair of the clamp on rod holders on the rail near the cuddy. we have big jon single rod holders for dipsy divers. would switching them to doubles work or is it a better idea to have the planer rods more forward? also, when using the boards, where do you set your drag? sort of like a diver rod so it just holds without line creep while trolling? thanks.

nick

I use clamp ons for my wire dipseys and they work great. I clamped two of them onto a grab handle on either side (inside) of the boat. The angle on them can be changed with a provided alan key. It holds pretty well to the handle, but I have to tighten every month or so - it's not a big deal takes 5 mins.

Word of advice - I've heard many guys complain about clamp ons, and I 100% believe it is because they went cheap. I paid $110 for each of my clamp ons - got them at West Marine. Go to there website and put in product # 8674087. Here is the website link to the product as well, hope it works!

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... sNum=10800

Tight lines!